Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Nursing Supervisor to work Full Time in the Progressive Care Unit/IMCU.
The address is: 3000 N I-35 Denton, TX 76201
Salary range is Min. $37.34/hr. to Max. $56.32/hr. – based on relevant experience
• Shift is 7P-7A (3) 12 hour shifts with rotating weekends and holidays; 2 office days and 2 floor days
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a state-of-the-art, full-service acute care facility. Our unsurpassed degree of service is a result of our commitment to growth and change as the needs of the community dictate.
• Assigning staff and monitoring their activities
• Overseeing patient care and ensuring adherence to established policies and procedures.
• Responsible for managing staff.
PCU Department provides intermediate /telemetry level of care for the post-acute stroke, general medical, endocrine GI/renal patient population
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption. Please contact your Human Resources department for additional information or questions. Req
Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
• 2 Years experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) Req.
Licenses and Certifications
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Req. and
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Req. and ACLS within 30 days
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Cardiac Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)