We have just partnered with an extremely reputable firm with an immediate opening for a civil engineering Project Manager specializing in land development-specific projects. The ideal candidate would have experience with managing projects, client communication, staff and business development as well as be able to plan, design and coordinate projects from beginning through completion.
Civil Engineering Project Manager
As a Project Manager, you will represent the company in all regular communications with the client from initial effort, through the entire course of agreement activity, and in post-agreement marketing activities. Regular communication with assigned company Principal(s) or Office Manager(s) is required and essential in relation to project statuses and performances. You will be responsible for managing the project as a whole as well as all of the details involved. Emphasis of civil engineering experience and knowledge is expected to be in site development, grading, utilities, and drainage design.RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Project Manager you will;
- Maintain ongoing client relationships, pursue new professional connections, and seek new project opportunities with new and current clients.
- Be required to prepare technical sections of project proposals, and participate in interview presentations.
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling project team activities, including but not limited to; reviewing and/or supervising technical aspects of work as well as defining the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Have primary responsibility for quality control and be the primary client contact for each project.
- Be responsible for setting goals, evaluating staff performance, and serving as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members.
- Be required to coordinate staff resources with other PM's and Principals throughout the company.
- Participate in contract negotiations, approve client billing, and secure contract amendments for changes to scope and fees.
- Be expected to meet or exceed group and individual performance goals.
- Communicate project requirements to all team members.
- Commit resources of the firm issuing start and stop orders relating to the project progress and clients directives within contract requirements.
- Provide input to group Principal regarding hiring, lay-offs and promotion of immediate staff.
B.S in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET Accredited Curriculum or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing education. Applicant must be a registered Civil Engineer. Background should include experience in site development, design of residential and/or commercial subdivisions, roadways and utilities systems. Demonstrates capability to oversee and manage staff of engineers. P.E Required.
The company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes; competitive salaries, bonuses, profit sharing, pension plans, and 401k, as well as, premium medical, dental, and vision plans. They also offer life insurance, long-term disability, gym reimbursement, flexible schedules, free coffee, tea, fruit, bagels and oatmeal. Company sponsored sports teams and clubs.
For more information on this position, please reach out to Austin at or [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Civil Engineer - Land Development.
Search Consultant | gpac
Direct: (605) 301-4774
gogpac.com | [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Civil Engineer - Land Development
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 28 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.