Apex Systems is looking for a Network Engineer to support a government contract in Columbia MD. If interested, please send most up to date resume to Carmen Aikens. Her email is Email blocked - click to apply
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a TS clearance and a DHS EOD Public Trust per condition of employment.
Job Description: Network Engineer, Overall Purpose:
- Manages technical expertise in developing, deploying, and managing professional services solutions exclusively to Federal Government clients on a fee-for-service or billable hours basis.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities: Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of advanced system requirements and problems.
- Plans, develops and technically directs projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Develops investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Consults on technical implications to other organizations.
- Leads lower level employees.
- Education: Typically requires a Masters Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years of applicable progressively complex systems design experience, including hardware/software integration of complex systems. Supervisory: No.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Network Engineer, w/3-5+ years’ experience, college degree in an Information Technology related field.
Desired: Cisco and Juniper experience, routers, firewalls, load balancers are a plus.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178