With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently and are bold enough to reinvent it.
Transformation happens here. Come, be a part of our exciting journey!
Are you the one we are looking for?
Inviting applications for the role of Analyst
The Transportation Planner occupies a pivotal role in the execution of transportation plans and strategies. They are directly responsible for the transportation order request once in OTM through shipment delivery to the customer; including mode and carrier selection, load optimization, shipment tendering, routing guide compliance, and shipment plan/carrier service execution, and track & trace functions. They must work effectively across all CS&L functions, and cooperatively with numerous service providers, to ensure timely pick-up/delivery of Finished Goods shipments within the client’s varied North American network. The ideal candidate is ready to get into the weeds and work hard to drive results while honing their skillset and developing efficiencies in the daily task load. This is very much an operations role that allows the ideal candidate to showcase communications skills, time management, relationship development, and problem resolution to make their desk their own. Responsibilities
Qualifications we seek in you! Minimum qualifications
- Work with the Client (cross-functional supply chain representatives) regularly via participation in optimization of daily order and shipment planning, continuous improvement opportunities, and daily/weekly review meetings.
- Daily monitoring of queries via Oracle TMS, continuously throughout the workday. Ensure these orders and shipments are optimized via the TMS and peripheral tools such as MS Office and Tableau. Orders and shipments are encouraged to be planned and covered for timely and in-full service to the end customer. Responsible for planning and service execution of up to 50,000 shipments annually, including daily track and trace and weekly carrier scorecard.
- Facilitate communications/coordination between internal customer groups and external carrier contacts to ensure attainment of service level objectives. Focus efforts on timely pick-up/delivery and overall partner happiness (CSAT). Determine root cause of failures and handle carrier scorecard calls as necessary for reduction in failure mode probability.
- Monitor data flows between ERP system, TMS, and WMS systems to ensure synchronization for successful transportation execution. Ensure EDI interfaces are functioning accurately, and carriers are providing required shipment status information systemically (or manually if needed) to ensure timely service.
- Identify Gaps in transportation capacity and initiate accurate measures with the Transportation Capacity Planning team. Handle overflow shipments and execute spot market procurement process to service the business at best-landed cost and service levels.
- Daily interaction with off-site carriers and on-site carrier partners to resolve service and capacity issues with critical issues to management as needed. Lead all aspects of application of carrier performance management programs and techniques; providing reporting, documentation, and recommendations to drive improvement.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and actively participate in Lean/Six-Sigma initiatives. Become lean trained and tested within 6 months and Greenbelt trained and tested within the first year.
- Associate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing, Business, or related field
- Experience in Transportation (carrier experience preferred), Logistics, Demand/Supply Planning, Deployment/Replenishment Planning, or similar supply chain-related functions.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
- Prior L6S / Lean Operations experience
- Previous TMS, WMS, SAP experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (esp. Excel / PowerPoint)
- Prior analytics and project leadership experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Supply Chain Management
Lean Six Sigma