Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support department and/or function objectives. Generally works with considerable independence, developing operating plans and related operational processes for own department and monitoring the flow of work between own department and others in alignment with broader business objectives, selecting and developing effective managers and work teams, and managing own organization through reliable systems and processes.
Specific Job Summary (describe the nature and purpose of the position)
Responsible for the oversight of Aqua-Aston Hospitality’s consolidated financial statements and related process.
- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
- Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
- Works to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
- assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
- developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
- working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Expected Contributions (including duties and responsibilities)
- Timely preparation of monthly financial statements for the corporate entities and reporting in line with closing schedules along with variance schedules.
- Oversight of the Accounting manager and the outsourced team supporting the consolidated team including but not limited to the month end close process, including balance sheet reconciliations and necessary reporting schedules
- Responsible for the required quarterly reporting to Marriott Vacation Worldwide
- Manage quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecast, including necessary schedules and variance analysis.
- Ensure the timely filing of local, state taxes and coordinate with the Marriott Vacations Tax team on more complex tax issues
- Leadership of the allocations/intercompany process for charges between Aqua-Aston Hospitality and the hotels
- Assist as needed with internal and external audit requests, develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Coordination with the risk management team on the annual insurance renewals
- Participate in ad hoc projects and initiatives as requested
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines and/or business operations as well as associate management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience generally required.
Specific Candidate Profile (the education, experience, skills and attributes that are important for this position)
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Economics/Finance/Accounting, required
- 4-7 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience. Hotel experience is a plus, but not required in this role. Public Accounting experience is also a plus
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with financial statement preparation
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Peoplesoft experience preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively are required
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Consolidated Financial Statement
Analysis Of Variance