Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technician III - Test - 3rd Shift or connect with us on [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technician III - Test - 3rd Shift, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technician III - Test - 3rd Shift, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technician III - Test - 3rd Shift or [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technician III - Test - 3rd Shift.
The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician III – Test - 3rd Shift
The Technician III – Test will be responsible to perform operating and monitoring climatic and thermal vacuum chambers to support engineering development and production. Tasks may require application of both technical theory and practical knowledge in the testing of a wide variety of company products and systems. Tasks may include operating, maintaining and monitoring of complex mechanical, electrical and cryogenic test equipment.
What You’ll Do:
This is a dedicated 3rd shift position. Will require some initial first shift operations for training and orientation. Must be willing to support a flexible third and/or second shift and weekend shift schedule.
- Operate and monitor climatic and thermal vacuum chambers per customer requirements processing aerospace production products and assemblies.
- Prepare and maintain required test logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- Perform 6S tasks on a daily basis.
- Provide technical support for setting up tests in thermal vacuum chambers. Includes routing and connecting flexible tubing and mating electrical connections.
- Assist with maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration, cryogenic, and thermal vacuum system equipment.
- Apply computer skills to access & input data via computer interface, automated equipment or test equipment. Will collect and analyze computer data.
- Maintain electronic build records, required data logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance requirements.
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend action to address unique and complex technical situations.
- Provide instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques to other employees and may develop processes and procedures essential to specific projects.
- Make continuous improvement suggestions, participate and in special projects.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with higher level management, customers, and internal / external auditors.
- Coordinate and lead the work of lower level employees to assure task completion.
- Assist higher level technicians with assembling and wiring new or modifications to existing equipment.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary
- May make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to improve productivity and process efficiency.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge.
- Ability to understand vacuum and thermal testing equipment.
- Ability to self-start and work independently, and / or with minimal supervision and a very high attention to detail.
- Capable of leading small projects.
- Ability to apply basic computer skills to input and access data via computer interface.
- Capable of performing simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute technical process specifications, procedures and standards.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Flexibility with work schedule including weekend and shift work.
- Willingness to get required company certifications to operate a forklift, overhead crane, ESD, fall protection, cleanroom, LOTO, FOD, confined space.
- Any environmental testing e.g. thermal cycle, vibration, EMC / EMI experience preferred.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $24.52 - $33.89 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Technician III - Test - 3rd Shift into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Aerospace Industries
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement