To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- City of Industry, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mgr - Customer Service
Matthews International • City of Industry, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The Mgr - Customer Services manages customer service representatives and interacts with clients to ensure high quality customer service and facilities-related issues are resolved on a timely basis. This role manages the day-to-day activities of the Customer Service Department while monitoring phone, e-mail and web logs to confirm customers' requests are being appropriately addressed. The Mgr - Customer Service occasionally performs customer service representative duties, handles customer escalations, provides feedback to customer service representatives for quality improvement, and represent the department to internal and external groups.
- Seeks areas and methods to improve the depth and quality of the Customer Service Department.
- Manages the processing of incoming requests and issues to the Customer Service Representatives to ensure courteous, timely and effective completion and resolution of issues.
- Implements Customer Service Representative procedures that establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Handles high-level inquires by researching, investigating, and responding to customers.
- Works with appropriate departments (Sales, Distribution, etc.) to provide world class service to our customers.
- Prepares call center performance reporting reports for management and clients.
- Develops schedules, track attendance and breaks.
- Checks call log files for accuracy and completeness.
- Represents Customer Service Department on conference calls and individual calls/emails with clients or vendors.
- Handles customer inquiries and orders as overflow to the Customer Service Representative Department.
- Handles escalations or more difficult or complex customer issues.
- Plans and implements improvement initiatives as needed for continuous improvement.
- Participates in internal management meetings and other interdepartmental operations meetings.
- Administers office phone system, ACD Software and oversee call center duties.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master's) preferred
- 6+ years progressive customer relations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled