Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Director of Manufacturing Transformation is responsible to lead Manufacturing Transformation activities at BBU manufacturing facilities in supporting the business units reach their performance targets by providing mentorship and expertise on manufacturing transformation principles and being an active coach for all manufacturing leaders in BBU.
The Director of Manufacturing transformation will lead the activities of the Transformation team through the Lead Change Architects and deploy national initiatives. This position demands a balance between technical and leadership skills. You must have a proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and projects and manage work time efficiently for you and your team across multiple business units and bakeries.
The Director of Transformation is responsible for providing leadership to a team of supervisors, co-ops and interns, their onboarding and development to eventually transition to FT positions in our bakeries. Responsibilities will include the development of the overall organizational strategy and subsequent sustainability for manufacturing transformation serving as a business partner with various levels of leadership to proactively identify, plan and execute business unit’s improvement and supply chain excellence opportunities. Will develop and execute strategies to effectively reach goals including technical training and tools.
This position is a part of the Corporate Manufacturing team and will work in collaboration with other corporate functions to ensure the right support and balance of initiatives at the bakeries to achieve common goals. The Director will put in place the people, process and related tools and resources to enable the business to change the paradigms and reimagine the way BBU operates its bakeries.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supports the assessment of current processes and program against transformational vision to identify gaps and develop plans to meet identified goals.
- Creates new business platform to include the department’s work plan. Establishes goals and strategic plans. Works directly with business and partners to implement short and long-term goals. Develops and manages appropriate evaluation and reporting processes to determine program success and effectiveness.
- Collaborates with Regional VP’s and Plant Managers to ensure Manufacturing Transformation standards and principles are executed as prescribed at all bakeries as well as assessing strategies for continuous improvement work at the regional level.
- Develops strong relationships with business partners at all levels from Manufacturing and Supply Chain VP’s to associates and all levels in between
- Ensures all best practices within BBU and Grupo Bimbo are communicated and executed at all the bakeries within the BU
- Supports bakeries within the business units to identify productivity projects, plan specific initiatives and coach leaders on effectively managing these projects to ensure productivity results are achieved
- Enables and drives accountability, consistency, quality, and process standardization across all phase of Manufacturing Transformation.
- Supports the implementation of a new way of working – management structure, operating systems and mindsets, behaviors and capabilities of manufacturing/supply chain associates from front-line associates through plant leadership.
- Supports the manufacturing network with the support needed to address any opportunities identified during manufacturing assessments and identifies areas for internal process improvement.
- Ensures there is a robust training platform for BBU manufacturing has a platform to promote learning and development with robust training on Transformation Capability Building by having all new leadership attend boot camp sessions and internal training at the plant level for associates
- Coaches and supports Lead Change Architects to prepare and develop new hires by providing all the necessary training to successfully transition to supervisors roles at bakeries.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field, Management or Food Science is preferred but not required if leadership experience within the company is over 10+ years. Baking knowledge a plus.
- Familiar with the principles of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and with a process improvement mindset
- Knowledge of plant operations and food manufacturing processes, including engineering performance.
- Ability to work in a team environment, managing multiple customers, and providing consultative and coaching skills across multiple locations and priorities
- Ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, changing work environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and peers. Must have strong working knowledge of and the ability to effectively influence cross functional disciplines.
By working both independently and with the team, candidates are expected to bring a creative and analytical skill set to solving strategic issues.
The ability to understand and navigate through a truly matrix environment across all levels within the organization
- Strong project management skills – both strategic and tactical is critical.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of food manufacturing reporting tools a plus.
- Readiness to travel up to 75% between multiple BBU locations.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Business Process Improvement