San Mateo County Health is seeking well-qualified individuals to join our team as a Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist I/II-Correctional Health - Extra Help.
These positions will work at the Maguire Correctional Facility and Maple Street Correctional Center located in Redwood City CA.
Primary responsibilities will include,but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide clinical mental healthservices toinmates with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders
* Work closely with the Behavioral Health Pod Team and to assist with placement into and with the transition out of the Behavioral Health Pod while in-custody
* Work closely with community behavioral health services, parole, probation, parole and the courts to assess inmates and assist with placement into wrap around services in the community
* Assess mental healthneeds and formulate treatment plans
* Triage and provide crises intervention
* Facilitate psycho-education/psychotherapeutic groups with an emphasis on teaching emotional regulation skills and communication
* Provide clinical case management and referrals to treatment programs and community-based services when appropriate
* Exercise good judgment and tact when interacting with inmate patients and other service providers
* Relate and communicate effectively with inmate patients and others from the diverse multi-cultural community served
* Function as a team member in a multi-disciplinary work setting
* Work independently
* Collaborate with Sheriff's Office staff to manage inmate patients' daily activities
* Work with various professionals involved with the court system, including probation officers, attorneys, case managers and other treatment providers, and develop treatment plans for seriously mentally ill inmates
* Report to and receive clinical supervision from a clinical supervisor
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience working in a correctional facility
* Experience providing case management services for an inmate population
* Demonstrated ability inproviding clinical mental health services to an adult population with serious mental illness or co-occurring disorders of seriousmental illness and substance use disorder
* Working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team and inmate population
* Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
PSW/MFT I: $7,259 - $8,581 /month
PSW/MFT II: $8,163 - $10,209/month
NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment,paid on an hourly basis. Some extra help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act. Extra-help workers are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the extra-help assignment. Qualifications
PSW I -current California registration as a Clinical Social Worker Associate (ASW).
MFT I -current California registration as a Marriage and Family Therapist intern (IMF).Individuals hired in these classifications must become licensed within three years from the date of employment as a Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist by the State of California.
PSW II- current California license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
MFT II -current California license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
Security Clearance: This position requires that the applicant obtain and maintain a security clearance as a condition of employment.
If you are interested in being considered for an extra help position the following items must be submitted via e-mail:
* Cover letter with responses to Supplemental Questions (maximum of 2 pages)
* This position requires a current California registration as either an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW) or Intern-Marriage and Family Therapist (IMF); or a current California license as either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT). Please check below which registration or license you possess that meets this requirement. Please provide your registration/license a) NUMBER; b) ISSUE date; and c) EXPIRATION date.
* Describe your experience providing mental health treatment, crisis intervention, and/or clinical case management, especially in a correctional setting or with those involved in the criminal justice system. What types of treatment did you provide? What were some of the challenges you experienced? How did you manage these challenges?
* Please describe your experience working with the severely mentally ill, co-occurring, and/or chemically dependent clients. What were some of the issues and concerns that occurred while working with these populations? How did you resolve or address these issues/concerns?
* Are you fluent in both Spanish and English? (Bilingual skills are preferred, but not required.)
Please include the words "Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist I/II-Correctional Health - Extra Help Position" in the subject line of email submission. All submitted materials must be in a Word or PDF format.
Please submit the above listed materials via email to:
Jennifer Basler, Clinical Services Manager
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage & Family Therapist I/II-Correctional Health - Extra Help (Open)
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
NOTE: Application materials are only accepted via e-mail. Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include all required elements (cover letter with responses to supplemental questions and a resume) will not be considered.
The County of San Mateo requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccine or comply with weekly COVID-19 testing. Employees hired into specified health care facilities and other high-risk settings where there is potential for frequent COVID-19 exposure to staff and highly vulnerable patients are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. For more specific information, please refer to the County's COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy.
The County of San Mateo is a diverse, inclusive workplace, where employees are valued and respected for their different perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, and contributions. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Behavioral Medicine
- Case Management
- Clinical Works
- Community Mental Health Services
- Criminal Justice
- Crisis Intervention