Plans and directs all aspects of design, implementation, and maintenance of clinical information systems to effectively apply clinical information technology solutions to improve clinical operations. Coordinates projects with the Information Technology department to ensure effective integration of the clinical system with other institutional applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for the informatics programs for patient services and related projects.
- Consults with and serves as an interface with the medical staff and appropriate committees for the purpose of insuring coordination in systems planning, development, and implementation between the clinical system, the Information Technology department, schools, and appropriate external organizations.
- Conducts assessments of clinical informatics environments, synthesizes pertinent information, and identifies implications for planning and development of both clinical services and educational programs, providing periodic structured environmental assessment and recommendations relative to the future direction for medical informatics for the Clinical System.
- In collaboration with Administration and the Medical Staff, responsible for identifying the needs of the clinical system for education, training, programs, and services in the area of computer skills and competencies in the use of electronic tools for patient care, quality management, utilization management, clinical resource management, and performance improvement initiatives.
- Conducts ongoing technology assessment of medical information systems and products, related to identifying and meeting patient needs, clinical system's programs, and potential external collaborations.
- Responsible for the overall planning, development, and implementation of health care informatics programs, products, and services, particularly to address the clinical needs of patients and to support the practice of clinical staff.
- Responsible for assessing training and development needs of clinical and administrative staff in relation to electronic development of programs, products, and services. Collaboratively develops curriculum for all roles of staff, designing and implementing programs to address needs for both business and clinical solutions.
- Provides expert support to other departments in the development of clinical information systems, products, and services responsive to current and future needs including:
- Advises on all issues related to access and interface.
- Tracks and advices on industry standards for clinical needs.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Finance or Business Required, Master's Degree preferred
- At least 3+ total years experience of clinical experience
- 2 years of experience with Epic
- Extensive managerial experience in an academic setting involving the use of clinical information programs.
- Extensive knowledge of current medical information technology and applications.
- Knowledge of RFP and grant development.
- In-depth and/or expert knowledge and experience in computer use.
- Clinical Works
- Health Care
- Health Informatics