To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Framingham, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Electrical Estimator
J. F. White Contracting Co. • Framingham, MA
Posted 1 month ago
The Chief Estimator Electrical Division is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the divisions estimating program providing technical and administrative direction to ensure corporate objectives are met.
• Oversee daily productivity and effectively delegate the estimating duties amongst the electrical estimating team and shall have the ability to estimate large complex commercial and industrial electrical projects.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of estimates for jobs to be bid, including preparation and supervision of take offs and coordination and/or supervisions of other estimators and engineers. The Chief Estimator shall have knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering and industry principles, as applicable to his electrical expertise.
• Responsible to implement and maintain corporate estimating
procedures utilizing the corporate computer estimating system and database.
• Assist Executives, Business Development and Project Management to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc.
- Exhibits discretion in reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting bid documents to determine Scope of Work and uses independent judgment to formulate the estimating approach and bid strategy in a manner that enables the attainment of awarded projects within contract quotes.
• Heavily interacts with vendors, suppliers, GCs, customers and other company departments to resolve issues during pre-bid and/or bid process. Develop and maintain relationships with project management team, operations team, clients, general contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents and communicate issues, accuracy of information, and potential risks. Offer risk mitigation plans. Assure that potential risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management
• Demonstrates proficiency in scheduling complete Preconstruction/Construction efforts. Ability to interpret the project schedule to identify required equipment delivery dates, pricing, submittals, approval and procurement schedules.
- Advanced knowledge of Estimating Techniques and ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Responsible for the accuracy of estimates and assists with suggestions for modifications and QA/QC of estimates
- Regularly attend and participate in bid schedule/review meetings.
- Have experience in bid proposals for the following project types: with the main focus on Rail and Track experience, medium voltage systems, low voltage systems, switch yards, power plants, substations, railroad traction power substations, AC Distribution substations, Railroad Signal Systems, Communications Systems, Security Systems, Building lighting and control, Highway lighting and control, underground conduit banks, bridge control and electrical systems, aerial electrical and communication cabling, specialty electrical projects, etc.
- Create Scope of Work Packages for subcontractors, material suppliers, and/or professional services quotes
- Review subcontractor and vendor quotations, negotiate favorable prices, compare like quotes and recommend best value to include within estimates
- Create estimates within bidding software
- Work with other disciplines within the company to share information and collaborate on combined estimates to ensure all work is captured and properly estimated.
- Review estimates with Division Manager, Project Manager, Chief Estimators and Executives in a timely manner
- Ensure accuracy of all estimates within your control.
- Create and maintain organized estimating files
- Work closely with project manager and project teams to successfully transition from the estimate stage to the construction phase
• Minimum 10 years electrical estimating experience working for an electrical contractor in the Industrial/Power/Controls/Transportation Sectors.
• Organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills essential
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products
• Ability to work at the project (field) and corporate offices
• Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
• Ability to work at multiple project locations
- Ability to be self-motivated, work effectively with minimum supervision, be proactive and an effective team player
• Must possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work under time pressure, continual deadlines and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
must possess effective oral and written
• Your time will be primarily spent working in a typical office environment, with occasional construction site and pre-construction/job-walk visits.