To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Deerfield, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director, Inventory Management
Walgreens • Deerfield, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Responsible for developing and implementing department strategies and integrating efforts with division and company strategies, emphasizing product availability, inventory productivity, and cost productivity. Participates with other directors to establish strategic plans and objectives. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Creates and fosters a high performance culture, directing the development of innovative processes and solutions to complex, organization-wide challenges. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers with the company.
- Executes and/or oversees processes and approaches, working with long-term perspective; translates strategic goals into actionable tactics and objectives. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Directs the development of innovative approaches, processes, and solutions that support department and division strategies. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division or company results.
- Interacts regularly with executives and/ or major stakeholders. Interactions frequently involved special skills, such as negotiating with stakeholders or vendors or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Creates and fosters high performance culture, focused on engagement, accountability, innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Owns and manages relationships with third party service providers, including partner selection, contract negotiation, and performance management.
- Provides advanced leadership, advice to the Organization, and addresses technical problems.
- Champions company initiatives, connecting efforts to company vision and purpose and driving increased engagement.
- Monitors industry trends, best practices, and regulatory issues as they relate to specific area(s) of responsibility and shares learning's, as appropriate, with direct reports and peers.
- Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of experience in a supply chain or business role OR a Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of experience internally at Walgreens in a supply chain or business role.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master's Degree.
- APICS CSCP Certification.
- At least 5 years of experience managing 3rd party relationships.