Do you have compassion and a passionto help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a resultstarts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve yourlife's best work.(sm)
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) orPhysician Assistant (PA) practices as part of a collaborative team that mayinclude, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal MedicinePhysicians, RN Case Managers, and clinic staff. The purpose of thiscollaborative team is to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care toa mostly Medicare-aged population. The NP or PA primarily manages thegeriatric-aged population either in the presence of, or in conjunction with theprimary care physician and/or specialist. Unless specified, most NP or PApositions are outpatient. The NP or PA acts as an extension of the primary carephysician to provide both chronic and acute care to our patients. The NPor PA performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metricsrelated to the strategic direction and operational needs of theorganization.
- The NP or PA is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions. The NP or PA will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG
- Prescribes medications and other modalities of treatment as needed to treat those conditions listed above
- Counsels patients on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient is educated to their disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challengeyou and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role aswell as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Masters of Science in Nursing OR Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board
- Current prescriptive authority from the Texas Board of Nursing OR Current prescriptive authority from the Texas State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license
- 18+ months of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Careers withWellMed. Our focus is simple.We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face ofhealth care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicareeligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialtyclinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, partof the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help thesick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in alifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for theirdedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means oneincredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's bestwork.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is anEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: NursePractitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, TX, Texas