Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The US Air Force' Space and Missile Command (SMC), US Navy's Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC), Scientific Research Corporation (SRC), and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) are teaming together to develop the next generation of infrastructure and platform to support the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) domain. The project, Section 31, is in the early stages of development and in need of your support on its' Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) team. Join a new program near the very beginning, and help shape the future of the United States' space superiority! For the IaaS team, we are looking for someone who:
• Has an understanding of Agile development.
• Willing to learn new methodologies (such as Pivotal) and technologies while blending different skill sets as various needs arise.
• Performs systems maintenance, monitoring, updating, development, storage allocation and administration.
• Ability to work closely with others. Often, developers will work in paired programming, sharing the same development environment for high quality control.
• A desire to build towards small iterations, with weekly cycles, allowing for quicker user feedback and product delivery.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Be able to supports the organizations storage systems with capacity planning, allocation, monitoring, and actions to optimize the storage systems.
• Experienced with monitoring storage capacity to ensure system availability and generate the guidelines for software applications.
• Maintains disaster recovery and reliable backup and recovery procedures.
• Must be able to plan, configure, troubleshoot, and implement storage systems hardware, software and procedures.
• Ability to maintain efficient and reliable backup and recovery procedures.
• Experienced with operating systems and Storage Area Networks (SAN) and backup solutions.
• Ability to generate reports on storage usage.
• Contribute to moderately complex aspects of a project.
• Work both independently and collaboratively.
• Active Secret Clearance
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Management of Cloud Infrastructure including virtual servers, storage, and network across VMware.
• Able to design, plan, and implements storage systems, storage capacity and allocation.
• Troubleshoots complex issues and supports the organizations storage systems.
• Monitors disaster recovery, reliable backup and recovery procedures.
• Installs, maintains and tests storage management software and hardware.
• Ability and experience in team lead role.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Infrastructure As A Service (Iaa S)