You will be based in one of our offices in North America as part of Provider Performance Improvement (PPI), a group within our Healthcare Systems & Services practice which has a presence in many of our North America office locations. Provider Performance Improvement helps hospitals implement strategies, operating models and organizational enhancements that sustain improvements in quality of care and boost cost effectiveness.
Hospital executives contend with many basic business challenges: improving customer satisfaction, containing costs, managing complex supply chains, and attracting and retaining top-notch talent. Yet the human consequences of their work, as well as ongoing healthcare reform measures and changing delivery models, make their roles more complex. We bring global healthcare expertise and operational and analytical skills to help executives meet these challenges. Our teams have served market-leading institutions as well as hospitals embarking on large-scale performance transformations.
You will be actively engaged with front-line client teams involved in helping hospitals implement operational improvements and organizational enhancements that boost cost effectiveness and improve quality of care for patients.
In this role, you will bring your healthcare expertise, operational experience and analytical skills to bear on topics ranging from clinical operations to management to procurement and workforce management. You will leverage your expertise to take ownership of tenure-appropriate client relationships and guide clients through appropriate syndication discussions as well as longer-term front-line implementation projects. For example, if working on a procurement project, you will use your existing clinical or process expertise in procurement to weigh in knowledgably with clients on issues of clinical equivalency, utilization management and sourcing cost reduction opportunities.
You will deliver the necessary analysis to inform the problem-solving process. You will translate this analysis into actionable insights for your client teams to drive value capture.
* University degree with excellent academic record required; advanced degree preferred
* 5+ years of professional experience in a hospital/clinical setting
* Interest in procurement topics (medical/surgical supplies, pharmacy, purchased services), clinical operations (reducing length of stay, increasing throughput) and workforce management (optimizing composition of clinical and non-clinical labor); open to backgrounds working for GPOs, pharmacy companies, medical device companies and/or healthcare consultancies
* Deep interest and skillset in analytics and a passion for improving the way hospitals source and utilize external spend areas from supplies to pharmaceuticals to purchased services
* Experience and appetite in analytics and quantitative/data analysis ideally in the health care sector
* High level of entrepreneurship, professionalism and presence to succeed in a team-based setting on the ground with clients
* Interest in hand's-on change management and operational implementation involving multiple stakeholders across a hospital organization
* Sound problem-solving skills; ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply during change transformation efforts with clients
* Comfortable traveling to client sites as needed
- Change Management
- Clinical Works
- Data Analysis
- Human Resources