To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntersville, NC 28078
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Sourcing Manager
American Tire Distributors • Huntersville, NC
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Director, the Sourcing Manager will help develop and execute IT’s indirect sourcing and procurement strategy to ensure it aligns with the overall indirect spend objectives, vision and strategic plans.
This role will support the development of Strategic Category plans within the software, hardware and telecom areas of IT. It will also involve the execution of sourcing projects (eSourcing events) and tactical procurement opportunities to help ensure realization of cost savings objectives. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for analyzing spend data, collecting business requirements from internal stakeholders, executing eSourcing events, and the administration of indirect spend related contracts.
- Develop and implement category plans that capitalize on market opportunities and aligns with functional business requirements.
- Partner with IT leaders to understand their strategy and align a sourcing functional plan to support the direction and objectives of the business.
- Manage renewal process for existing agreements, ensuring timely review and management of the process.
- Work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Director to ensure the optimal category strategies and targets are being developed, and that the category strategies are highly aligned to current and future business needs (and overall category strategy) and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Determine the appropriate metrics and information to be tracked and reported by the Director, Strategic Sourcing.
- Effectively work with functional and business groups to support customer satisfaction through implementation activities and effective customer feedback initiatives.
- Influence strategic sourcing and purchasing decisions across ATD.
- Ensure that ATD has a good supply market understanding and works with the business / function teams to provide input for creating innovative win-win customer and supplier strategies.
- Facilitate change management with colleagues and key contacts throughout the organization.
- Manage overall relationship with suppliers within assigned categories.
- Manage all aspects of ATD’s sourcing processes including tactical/spot opportunities, strategic eRFx’s, eAuctions, etc. as assigned.
- Analyze information supplied by Subject Matter Expert (SME) or other internal stakeholders, and translate into detailed requirements and competitive bid specifications.
- Provide status updates, at key event milestones, to ensure stakeholders are well informed.
- Coordinate SME’s participation in the event scoring process and facilitate consensus scoring session to help finalize supplier selection.
- Coordinate formal supplier award and regrets communications to event participants.
- Collaborate with legal counsel to ensure mutually agreed terms and conditions are incorporated into final contract and executed by appropriate ATD signatory.
- Ensure adequate contract compliance measures are incorporated into transacting model through close coordination with the Director of Procurement Operations.
- Build policies and procedures for reviewing supplier performance against contracted obligations/service levels and business expectations.
- Combine all spend information into yearly plans and long-term forecasts for costs, savings targets and planned projects.
- Acquire knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of strategic sourcing by reading professional literature, attending related seminars and conferences, and attaining ISM certification(s).
- Provide leadership and indirect management of Sourcing Analysts as assigned by the Director of Indirect Sourcing.
Process Improvement Management
- Drive use of sourcing best practices and standardization of procurement processes while minimizing supply risk.
- Identify large-scale business opportunities and improvement initiatives that maximize profitability and lead execution of the initiatives when necessary.
- Originate new sourcing concepts and innovative approaches for the organization.
Direct Report Position Title(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Discipline)
- 5+ years of combined sourcing, procurement, or project management experience
- 3+ years of experience in IT sourcing
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills (macros, look-ups, advanced formulas, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail skills with the ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in developing and presenting presentations to senior leaders
- 2+ years of experience building and managing eSourcing events
- 3+ years of work experience in IT organization; hardware, software or telecom
- Certifications: CPSM, Green Belt
- Coupa Experience
- Experience leading small teams in project-oriented initiatives
- Strong negotiation skills
- 2+ years of work experience in consulting
Candidate Skills and Competencies
- Data Analysis
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of metrics.
- Select relevant and insightful metrics.
- Able to identify patterns and predict data outcomes, and use information to shape programs and affect all business units.
- Employ evidence-based decision making, and support key decisions with data.
- Evaluate existing technology and advocate for investments in new technology to meet data requirements.
- Incorporate data and insights from multiple sources to tell a meaningful story and share actionable recommendations.
Additional Details (work environment, travel, etc.)
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to office conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Travel Required: Approximately 5% of the time, including travel throughout Canada and to the US.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R07466