The Tax Accountant is a diverse multitask position. Individual must be able to manage several projects in a fast paced environment. Some responsibilities are recurring such as various compliance type items, monthly routine calculations and reconciliation. Additionally, the Tax Accountant will research projects as requested including the documenting analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities as requested. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
- Reconcile accounts for the reporting of \u0022a\u0022 items. Seek direction from tax senior regarding if the item is not readily identified by written procedures.
- Prepare tax compliance forms as required
- Update fixed asset system with new assets
- Update and monitor the tax return tracking system including payments and open correspondence.
- Question every process and procedure to insure full understanding of the purpose of each task. Identify areas to improve of become more efficient.
- Respond to state and federal notices
- Understand and document GAAP treatment of SPE's
- Prepare tax returns and other documents for imaging. Refer to imaging process/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic accounting and reconciling skills
- Understanding of the impact of book/tax differences. Or a thorough understanding of the GAAP treatment for such items and the ability to research.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to input information into a predetermined format.
- Must have a high level of adaptability to change priorities as required.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND/OR REGISTRATION
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview Asset Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.