Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Conviva, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Humana, Inc., we want to help people everywhere, including our team members, lead their best lives. We support our team members to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our team members fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to enhance their careers. At Conviva, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our patients, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
Conviva is seeking a candidate to join our Team as a Bilingual Medical Assistant 2 / Phlebotomist. We're looking for someone who is compassionate with hands on clinical and phlebotomy experience. The Medical Assistant 2 must have the ability to work in a fast pace/high volume environment and be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences. The Medical Assistant 2 must be a team player with excellent communication skills who can delivering outstanding direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. If you possess these skills and are interested, we look forward to speaking with you.
The Medical Assistant 2/Phlebotomist is the first point of contact for patient care and is responsible for administrative and clinical duties. Decisions are typically focused on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments.
Center Address: Conviva Care Center Hialeah, 3233 Palm Avenue, Hialeah, Florida 33012
* Clinical duties include discussing symptoms, gathering/scanning/inputting information into the electronic medical records system.
* Taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing/cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site.
* Collaborates closely with Physicians and Specialists.
* Administrative duties may be required.
* Must be bilingual in English (read, write & speak) and Spanish (speak)
* Must have advanced hands-on professional phlebotomy experience
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Active RMA or CMA from one of the following:
* Allied American Health (AAH)
* American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
* American Medical Technologists (AMT)
* American Registry of Medical Assistants,(ARMA) * Foreign Medical and Nurses
* National Association of Health Professionals (NAHP)
* National Association of Healthcare Technicians (NAHT)
* National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
* National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
* Medical Career Assessments (MedCA)
* Experience with Electronic Medical Records
* Current CPR certification
* This role is considered patient facing and is part of the company's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
* 1 - 3 years of Medical Assistant experience in 'back-office' direct patient care
* Experience with HEDIS
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8AM-5PM
Conviva, a subsidiary of Humana, values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist
with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Being a part of the Conviva team gives you: We offer tangible and intangible benefits such as medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, paid holidays, work-life balance, growth, a positive and fun culture and much more.
Associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated, including booster, or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home.
If progressed to offer, candidates will be required to:
* Provide proof of full vaccination, including booster OR
* Provide proof of applicable exemption including any required supporting documentation
Medical, religious, and state exemptions will be available.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Clinical Works
- Decision Making
- Health Care