Overview:The primary role of the Reservationist is to take customer calls and schedules customer rides using a computerized scheduling system. Creates daily manifests for paratransit drivers based on customer demands.Responsibilities:
- Answers customer calls and inputs all customer rides using a computerized scheduling system.
- Enters new customer information or changes into the system
- Enters data into spreadsheets and databases
- Provides customer service with late vehicle service, verifying "No Shows" and assisting riders with resolving service related complaints
- Creates daily manifests for paratransit drivers based on customer demands.
- Monitors efficiencies of manifests to ensure that routes are logical and efficient based on customer needs.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- High school of college courses in computers, English, or business is helpful.
- 2 years reservationist or customer service experience required.
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge/PC experience helpful.
- Proven interpersonal skills dealing with the public required.
- Pleasant telephone voice/manner.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills required. Must be able to speak English. Bi-lingual speaking skills a plus.
- Excellent written communications skills a must.
- Ability to interact professionally and friendly with internal customers on all levels and be able to work well with diverse groups.
- Ability to deal patiently and friendly with external customer problems and complaints and remain courteous when faced with difficult or angry customers a must.
- Must be a team player yet able to work well independently.
- Must be able to work on various shifts or flexible work schedules.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities.
- May be asked to travel to company functions or for outside training.
- Reservationist generally work at a workstation or cubicle space equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer. Work environments are generally noisy and the employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable environment.For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Reservationist & Customer Service Representative I
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Customer Service
- Operate Cash Register
- Identify Customer Need
- Resolve Customer Issue
- Retention Management
- Help Customer