To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
12695 West National Avenue
New Berlin 12695 W National Av
New Berlin, WI 53151
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse Lead - Call Center
Advocate Aurora Health • New Berlin, WI
Posted 1 month ago
How You’ll Make a Difference
Provides triage for patients over the telephone, utilizing adult, pediatric and women's health algorithms. Serves as a direct resource for Nurse Health Advisors in the department. Provides guidance on more complex issues/concerns, researching customer complaints. Assists in interpreting department policies and procedures. Provides work direction to the caregivers by coordinating the day-to-day staffing, training and skill development of the caregivers.
- Performs nursing telephone triage of acute illness by evaluation of symptoms utilizing established triage algorithms, policies and procedures. Provides telephone consultation/triage to patients, family members and significant others, prioritized by level of urgency, essential needs and available resources.
- Collects and analyzes patient and family data for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis and management. Formulates and articulates succinct and comprehensive assessments of real or potential patient problems. Integrates and translates research-based knowledge and experience into well-defined actions to facilitate achievement of quality outcomes. Ask questions to assess patient’s knowledge and skill level and to mutually plan the experience.
- Educates and counsels consumers on the options available to them in meeting their health care needs. Increases health awareness, plans and provides necessary teaching, evaluates response to teaching and documents in medical record. Provides referrals to the appropriate level of health care and/or social service resources within the community, ensuring the highest quality care for patient/family. Modifies teaching strategy based on patient/family response, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Performs outbound follow-up calls to patients who received triage services to determine illness improvement and/or additional health care needs and referrals. Schedules appointments with emphasis on making the appointment in correlation to the recommended end point of the protocol used. Collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care, including procedures and medication refills.
- Maintains and updates accurate clinical and patient records according to agency, State and Federal guidelines. Documents all call encounters utilizing online information systems at the time of the call. Communicates information relating to the patient’s physical and psychological status to the physician and/or additional members of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate. Provides pertinent and concise reports describing patient’s response to medical and nursing plans of care.
- Analyzes customer problems in order to resolve operating difficulties and arrives at workable solutions. Asks clarifying questions, presents options or solutions and understands the level of complexity. Escalates only those situations necessary to second-tier support. Provides callbacks or follow-up with customers as necessary.
- Provides other caregivers with direction, guidance, support and assistance with patient care and technical issues or any unusual circumstances as they occur. Coaches caregivers on improved techniques for assessment, communication and triage end points. Organizes the orientation and training of new caregivers. Assigns, monitors and reviews progress and accuracy of work. Directs efforts and provides guidance on more complex issues/concerns.
- Assists leadership with new employee orientation, staff development, providing performance feedback and employee morale.
- Maintains daily staffing levels distributing workload and staff assignments as necessary for optimum efficiency in collaboration with leadership. Coordinates department schedule maintaining operational workflow.
- Participates in various application team meetings and works on special projects/tasks as assigned by leadership. Participates in the ongoing development of comprehensive health information resources, system and operational efficiencies and resources. Assists in interpreting department policies and procedures and advises staff on procedural changes.
License & Certifications
Registered Nurse license issued by the state of WI
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Requires 7 years of experience in clinical nursing within an emergency department, intensive care unit, primary care or direct triage experience.
Critical thinking skills to independently determine and prioritize the needs of patients using sound judgment and strong problem solving skills.Knowledge of a variety of healthcare specialities, including levels of care, symptom identification and proven treatment recommendations. Ability to incorporate past experience with established protocols.Excellent verbal communication skills demonstrating empathy, respect, restatement, open-ended questions, active listening and diplomacy with a diverse customer population.Experience successfully handling difficult calls/issues and complex accounts.Ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians.Proven ability to independently organize and prioritize work, managing multiple priorities and maintaining a flexible schedule in a fast paced, dynamic customer service environment.Demonstrated proficiency as a technology user with computers, internet, desktop software packages and multipleline telephone systems.Demonstrated leadership skills such as delegation, team building, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and decision making. Ability to act as a resource for new caregivers and a commitment to continuous development of staff.
At Aurora Health Care
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that’s as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you’ll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you have the opportunity to change lives—including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matters at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.