Transdev is actively seeking experienced ASE certified Mechanics for their paratransit service in Hyattsville, MD. Ideal candidates will diagnose and repair service vans in a 300+ vehicle, 3-shift operation under general supervision.
- Starting salary of $16.00 - $25.00 hourly.
- $2,000 sign-on bonus.
- Paid training and tuition assistance.
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and vision) and group life insurance.
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with Transdev and OEM standards
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach vehicle systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
MUST have a current ASE Certification!
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit equipment
- For Mechanic C level: less than 2 years
- Must have ASE A5 Brakes certification.
- For Mechanic B level: 3-4 years
- Must have ASE A5Brakes certification plus one other certification.
- For Mechanic A level: 5+ years’ experience
- Must have ASE A5 Brakes, A7 Heating & Air conditioning and two other certifications.
- Must have EPA 609 certification.
- Ability to read, interpret safety documents, schematics and other mechanical diagrams
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a background and a drug test
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10239
Position Category Maintenance/Mechanics/Parts/Utility/Materials
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 781
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services