To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Auburn, AL 36852
- Securitas USA
- Phone: 706-323-9769
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UNARMED SECURITY OFFICER
Securitas USA • Auburn, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Securitas Security Services USA, INC
are hiring in the
OPELIKA, AL./AUBURN, AL./CUSSETA, AL
SECURITY OFFICER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
SECURITY OFFICER JOB DUTIES:
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
COMPETENCES: (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related experience preferred.
APPLY WITHIN AT:
Choose the COLUMBUS, GA. location