The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses five distinct companies that provide global transportation, supply chain logistics and relocation management solutions to individuals, corporations and government agencies. At Interstate we offer a strong benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and development.
You will be responsible for creating a profitable business model focused on international forwarding activities for military, government, corporate and private customers taking full advantage of and working cohesively within the significant existing infrastructure of the Interstate Group.
Administration / Finance:
- Review practices, methods and performance standards to create new systems, improve workflow, simplify reporting, implement cost reductions and revise established procedures when necessary.
- Collect, prepare, review, interpret and report to operating performance data for internal/external purposes.
- Manage the financial aspects of the firm and work in collaboration with the Accounting Department to ensure timely, accurate billing/invoicing and collections.
- Prepare and be accountable for annual operating plans.
- Ensure document compliance with company, government and industry regulations.
General Management / Operations:
- Accountable for profit/loss.
- Oversee creation of import/export control procedures.
- Management of the division’s licenses, certificates and authorities (including but not limited to IAC, NVOCC, FIDI-FAIM, etc.)
- Review and assess international staffing. Makes changes as to responsibilities, work flow, task priorities, wages, promotions, and performance evaluation.
- Issue, interpret and ensure compliance to company operating policies.
- Ensure review and timely response to internal/external correspondence.
- Warrant that appropriate training and education on company & client policies, processes and procedures is achieved with staff, clients and service providers.
- Responsible for Vendor Management, both new and existing, to include agreements, work distribution, performance management and ongoing relationships.
Business Development/Account Management:
- Manage client relationships (retention of existing accounts) directly and indirectly through staff resources and periodic office visits, communication/correspondence campaigns and other contact/methods.
- Review market conditions to anticipate customer needs, forecasted volume potential, and pricing.
- Provide analysis, assessments and recommendation of existing and prospective customer initiatives, projects, and contracts.
- Directly pursue as well as establish sales channels to develop new business opportunities resulting in sustainable, profitable growth in line with annual operating plans.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for the international division.
- Represent the company at trade, industry and association meetings.
- Conduct reviews of client performance satisfaction, operational activities and track results in terms of revenue and expenses, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and implement new account procedures and controls. Maintain and update processes and controls for existing accounts.
- Manage rate filings, RFP, RFQ and pricing proposals.
- A college degree (4 years) or equivalent in transportation, logistics, business administration, economics or related degree. A minimum of 10 years of hands on experience in an import/export forwarding environment. A minimum of 5 years in a senior managerial position with proven successful results.
- Knowledge of the following:
- General cargo packaging and securing including hazardous materials (HAZMAT).
- Indirect Air Carrier policies/procedures as set forth by TSA/FAA.
- Commercial invoices, corporate powers of attorney.
- Letters of credit, foreign and USA duty and VAT payments.
- General cargo export requirements, including, but not limited to, export compliance issues, AES (automated export system of Dept of Commerce, Harmonic Commodity Code and related issues.
- Must have strong established relationships with transportation service providers in primary locations throughout the world.
- Must have strong knowledge of customs clearance regulations as it pertains to different countries throughout the world.
- Ability to negotiate preferred rates with transportation service providers.
- Must have demonstrated experience in maintaining accurate asset management (warehouse inventories of various commodities-both receiving and releasing from warehouses worldwide).
- Ability to comply with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) requirement as set forth in C-TPAT (US Customs Trade Partnership with terrorism).
Interstate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.