$2,500 Sign on Bonus for External Candidates
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The primary role of the Nurse Supervisor is to assist the Director of Nursing/Regional Nurse Manager (DON/RNM) with nursing team oversight and development. The Nurse Supervisor works collaboratively with Branch DONs or RNMs to manage field or administrative nursing staff, coordinate patient care, contribute to performance improvement activities, promote high quality patient care and improve patient outcomes. The Nurse Supervisor is relied upon by the DON/RNM to assist in maintaining efficient and effective nursing operations. In newly opened Branches, the Nurse Supervisor may function as the primary nursing leader of a team, incorporating elements of the DON role and reporting directly to the Regional Director of Nursing (RDON) until such time as the patient caseload and nursing team warrants a Director of Nursing position.
- Responsible for the oversight of assigned field nurses and the work completed/care provided by this team. May also be assigned oversight of clinical administrative coordinators (CACs), and/or patient care coordinators (PCCs), based on Branch/region need and scope of current responsibilities
- Assists the DON/RNM with hiring, training, and developing a professional and allied staff
- Assists branch leadership in ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies by continually contributing to the monitoring of operations and reporting and initiating changes where required and as directed
- Participates in patient care meetings (e.g., “huddles”) and other meetings as required
- Serves as clinical resource to branch field staff, exercising considerable judgment, problem solving skills, conflict management, and professional knowledge
- Assists the DON/RNM with implementation of efficient and effective systems that support the delivery of patient care and the achievement of quality patient outcomes
- Assists the DON/RNM to ensure that departmental staff complete orientation, maintain clinical competence, participate in continuing education and are evaluated in a timely manner
- Participates in the orientation of clinical staff, or other branch personnel, as requested
- Responsible for ensuring that the receipt, evaluation, acceptance and execution of the initial patient intake process includes patient verification, assessment, teaching, and the ongoing scheduling of nursing services in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assists the DON/RNM with managing employees through establishing performance goals, allocating resources and reviewing policies for the department. Includes, but is not limited to, completion of performance evaluations, field supervisory visits, and performance management counseling
- Ensures that all patient-related documentation, clinical and departmental reports are accurately completed, submitted, and/or filed in a timely manner, according to internal and external regulatory requirements and in support of the nurse billing process
- Assists with the Agency Management Process to ensure appropriate, high quality care is provided to patients by subcontracted agencies
- Knowledgeable of Company and Enterprise policies and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality patient care
- Participates in planning, decision-making, and implementation of all branch office activities that impact clinical nursing services and the performance of the multidisciplinary team
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise, while assuming responsibility for own clinical competency
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility and budget participation through improvement and innovation
- Communicates with physicians and other health care providers on nursing related issues
- Assists the DON/RNM with the preparation and maintenance of departmental reports. Prepares periodic reports for supervisor, as required
- Maintains all applicable internal, professional, local, state, federal licensures, certifications, and employment requirements, as required of staff department
- As directed by the DON/RNM, assures team understanding, implementation and compliance with all aspects of the company’s Performance Improvement Program. Activities include, but are not limited to, input for quality and event reports; reviewing quality data for trends and improvement opportunities; performing follow-up investigation and resolution of employee/patient grievances; and participation in branch emergencies (actual and drills)
- Participates in the marketing of services by providing educational programs/in-services and participating in team selling opportunities
- Participates in various internal committees as requested
- May serves as branch infection control coordinator
- Assumes or augments the duties of the staff nurse, as required to provide direct patient care, including clinical on-call, hospital hook-ups or patient teaches, as per company policy
- Maintains proficiency with electronic medical record system
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice
- 2+ years RN experience in a related specialty, such as pharmaceutical industry, oncology, infusion therapy or critical care
- Experience as a registered nurse in a home health care and / or home infusion environment
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including clinical, pharmacy, nurses, case managers, discharge planners, physicians, outside nursing agencies, patients, families and caregivers
- Knowledgeable regarding compliance, regulatory, performance improvement and state/federal requirements/regulations
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing
- 1+ years of documented management experience
- Experience with nurse staffing processes and management, including oversight of a large (15+) nursing and ancillary staff member team
- Clinical leadership in home infusion therapy
- Experience with acute and chronic infusion therapies
- Experience in an ambulatory infusion suite setting
- Knowledge regarding state regulations pertaining to home health licensure
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing Society (INS) standards of practice, policies and procedures
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Manager, DON, Clinical Coordinator, Home health, Registered Nurse, RN, Infusion Therapy, IV, INS, field nurse, home infusion, home infusion therapy, BriovaRx, OptumRx, UHG, Pine Brook, NJ, New Jersey
Intravenous (Iv) Fusions