To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Montvale, NJ 07645
- Benjamin Moore & Co.
- Phone: 201 949 6541
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
PSM Project Engineer
Benjamin Moore & Co • Montvale, NJ
Posted 8 days ago
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day.
We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged. Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore & Co is looking for a PSM Project Engineer to help drive continuous improvement and world class engineering in the areas of process safety and process engineering at its PSM facilities. This critical role in the organization will provide process safety & engineering leadership and expertise to the plants to help them identify and implement best practices to achieve manufacturing excellence.
- Partner with the production to provide project engineering support in the PSM area of the business.
- Scope, design, and execute capital improvement projects up to $500K.
- Through the MOC & project management processes, provide project input concerning process and personnel safety requirements including generally accepted engineering standards such as NFPA, ASME, API, NEC, etc.
- Assist in auditing and implementation of PSM system upgrades with focus on Process Safety Information, Safety Systems, and PHA's.
Key Success Factors:
- Identifies, scopes, and implements continuous improvement efforts related to process engineering and process safety at PSM locations.
- Works with teams of production employees, maintenance, R&D, finance, and the leadership team to implement capital improvements at sites.
- Understanding of OSHA PSM and EPA RMP requirements.
- Skillful application of standard work processes, including engineering design standards, engineering operating procedures, inherent safety, HAZOP, etc.
- Timely and effective communications with all levels of the organization.
- Customer Focused -- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Agent for Change -- Not satisfied with the status quo; Willing to take strong and effective action to effectively manage change; Committed to continuous improvement; Recommend and develop innovative processes.
- Interpersonal skills -- Relates well to all levels and kinds of people; Builds appropriate rapport; Listens well.
- Self-starter; Results driven; Anticipate/initiates and implements solutions; Proactive.
- Action Oriented -- Full of energy for the things that need to be accomplished; Bias for action; Team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to plan and coordinate several simultaneous projects.
- Ability to travel (25-30%) and on short notice at times.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a production/project engineering role in a PSM environment.
- Experience in a process role at a chemical plant with batch reactors is a significant plus.
- Must be able to travel minimum of 25%
- Montvale and/or Flanders New Jersey, United States