To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lafayette, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Patient Accounts Supervisor-LGH Patient Accounts-Full Time
Lafayette General Health • Lafayette, LA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Employment Status: Full Time
The Patient Accounts Supervisor is responsible for a fully integrated billing and collection process, ensuring the timely and accurate submission of claims and the timely and accurate collection of third party and private pay
accounts. The Patient Accounts Supervisor coordinates the functions of the department with management of Access, Medical Records and Information Systems to ensure a smooth billing and payment cycle. The Patient
Accounts Supervisor is also responsible for referrals of accounts to attorney and collection agency, cash applications within the department and data integrity and all payer contract requirements and education of staff.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicates changes in procedures and other appropriate communication to staff and provides feedback from staff to Director. Acts as liaison between Director and staff.
2. Develop and ensure a systematic and fully integrated billing and collection process. This requires ongoing procedures for securing and analyzing information concerning third party coverage and the patient’s ability to meet hospital expenses.
3. Provides leadership for staff while allowing for growth and development of staff.
4. Ensure appropriate follow up procedure with third party payers and patients to achieve collection of accounts.
5. Establish and implement controls to ensure appropriate billing cycles.
6. Ensure adequate controls for collection of proper contractual payments.
7. Evaluate patient coverage and determine whether benefits are being exhausted.
8. Maintain full documentation of billing and collection steps taken, communication and schedules for collection and follow-up.
9. Keep informed of all reimbursement procedures of third parties and collection laws.
10. Sets specific standards and objectives for intra departmental processes collaboratively with Director and other management staff.
11. Provides orientation, training, and information concerning continuing education for staff, and participates in the formal teaching program/in-service education as required. Is instrumental in assuring staff training and competency in all disciplines.
12. Delegates responsibilities within the scope of personnel abilities.
13. Makes daily work assignments, and responds quickly and appropriately to flex schedules to cover unexpected, unplanned staff deficiencies.
14. Works collaboratively with the department Director, assists with department budgets, and assists with monitoring and reporting compliance.
15. Determine accounts to be referred to attorney or collection agency.
16. Ensure adequate controls are in place for effective cash balancing and petty cash is adequately maintained.
17. Maintain an up to date policy and procedure manual so that staff are properly guided.
18. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
19. Recruitment and evaluations of personnel and education and training of staff.
20. Maintain quality assurance standards and accurate measures.
21. Keep the Director of Patient Financial Services informed of the status of the Patient Accounts Operation.
22. Assist the Director in management of the department.
23. Performs other supervising duties as needed and assigned.
24. Maintains up to date billing edits for third party payer requirements.
25. Responsible for electronic funds transfer for third party payers and being proactive in setting these up, maintaining EOB details.
26. Meet A/R targets established.
27. Keep abreast of software issues affecting A/R efficiency.
28. Stays alert to new payer billing requirements and building these edits in our electronic billing system to insure clean claims.
29. Monitors claims returned to Provider regularly putting new controls in place to prevent return of future claims.
30. Looks for Payer payment pattern issues, addresses and brings to Director’s attention.
31. Monitors A/R reports weekly and reviews staff productivity to insure quick payment turn around.
32. Works with staff on problem accounts detected early in payment cycle.
33. Meets with staff regularly and continues taking action to keep staff motivated individually.
34. Works to meet established goals set for department.
1. Minimum High School graduate required.
2. Minimum 2 years advanced education with courses in business management, accounting, English.
3. Minimum 3 years’ experience in office management, preferably in a hospital or similar institution.
4. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior