Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
**Position requires an active in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
This position serves as the team lead for site Protocol personnel.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a DV/VIP visits
- Answer non-routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
- Greet and escort visitors
- Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
- Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
- Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Participate in meetings and events
- Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
- Compose written communication in response to complex customer queries
- Prepare routine status reports and track office-related metrics
- Coordinate scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
- Attend meetings; events; and forums
- Coordinate office renovations and relocation activities
- Set-up facility and conference rooms for meetings and events, including the movement of furniture, systems, and equipment
- Support TIER actions; assign actions to the appropriate divisions or branches; follow up on actions; coordinate responses in a non-conflicted manner for senior management review; provide status reports; and participate at customer-wide TIER meetings
- Participates in special projects as required
Associates Degree in a related business discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training; or work experience.
5+ years of related administrative experience.
- Experience with protocol and precedence; IC/DoD structure; regulations; directives; and policies
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
- Knowledge of proper English usage; spelling; grammar; punctuation and sentence structure to ensure that written materials prepared and reviewed are complete; succinct; and formatted correctly
At GDIT, our 'People First' culture commits to every employee feeling valued and supported throughout their career. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package – including programs focused on financial, physical, emotional and social well-being – demonstrates this commitment.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.