To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hillsboro, MO 63050
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Jefferson County, Mo Private Duty Nursing LPN/RN
Team Select Home Care • Hillsboro, MO
Posted 19 days ago
At Team Select, we believe the amount of effort it takes to do things the right way, can only be justified by putting an equal amount of effort into having fun! Our leadership in the healthcare industry starts with our culture. Having been recognized as a 2017 'Home Care Elite agency' as well as being awarded the #2 Best Place to Work proves that our focus on our people truly differentiates us. We encourage you to inquire about a position, and learn for yourself how rewarding work can be!
A qualified Licensed Practical (Vocational) Nurse or Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Services are furnished in accordance with Agency policies.
- Furnishes services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned per the plan of care, in accordance with agency policies.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Assists the physician, the intermediate care provider and RN in performing specialized procedures.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Implements the nursing care plan for each patient.
- Initiates preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and registered nurse reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition.
- Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home.
- Evaluates with registered nurse the effectiveness of the LPN/LVN's nursing service to the patient and family under the guidance of the registered nurse.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of observations, treatments and care of patient.
- Participates in medical record audit as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, patient care conferences and in-services as scheduled.
- Takes on-call duty, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
- Submits any changes in schedule to Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor/ Registered Nurse on a daily basis.
- Participates in patient care conferences to discuss the need for involvement of other members of the health team, such as physical therapist or speech language pathologist.
- Observes aseptic technique as required.
- Accepts, writes and executes orders; orders are cosigned by RN.
- Assures that the patient/family is involved in implementing the plan of care.
- Assists in reviewing, evaluating and updating the patient plan of care as appropriate.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered.
- Provides appropriate information regarding patient to other agencies/ individuals involved in patient's care as needed.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
- Attends staff meetings and patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Completes documentation and paperwork in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Immediately reports to Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor/RN any patient incidents/variances or complaints.
- Demonstrates competent performance of technical skills according to established procedures before performing new skills.
- Participates in peer review and QM activities as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Understands and adheres to established policies/procedures.
- Adheres to Agency standards and consistently interprets and accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains acceptable attendance status, per Agency policy.
- Reports all incomplete work assignments to Nursing Supervisor/RN.
- Appearance is always within Agency standards; is clean and well groomed.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills through daily documentation and infrequent overtime for routine assignments.
- Participates in in-service programs as assigned.
- Maintains clean and neat work environment.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- One (1) year nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Team Select Home Care reserves the right to change the above job description and qualifications without notice.
Team Select Home Care will not discriminate against the candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual preference, disability, political belief, veteran status, age or any other status protected by law.
Team Select Home Care is an employment-at-will employer.