DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at [ Link removed ]
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Posting Title: Freight Forwarder
DSV Air & Sea is in search of a dynamic and personable multi-tasker who is driven by their own success, as well as the success of their team and the Company as a whole. If you can deliver a high quality of customer service and teamwork in an exciting and fast-paced position, this may just be the perfect opportunity for you.
The Freight Forwarder works closely with clients and internal team members in this key role which is the crux of our business. At DSV, we are always in search of top talent. In order to be successful in this role you will need to:
- Effectively schedule ocean and/or air bookings for both hazardous and nonhazardous materials, simple and complex cargo shipments
- Ensure the complete and timely delivery of freight by attaining knowledge from clients in order to satisfy their needs and completing paperwork that meets stringent requirements
- Process data through the Company’s system and obtain consular releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility
- Be able to request, then negotiate, freight quotations to include details such as container capacities, packing dimensions and weights, coding, etc.
- In addition to basic math, be able to analyze numerical data, understand components and relationships, find patterns and draw conclusions
- Compose complex letters regarding issues and resolutions utilizing your ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports and organize, prepare and assemble documents
- Comprehend the full range of freight forwarding services: order management, movement scheduling, customs brokerage, monitor and control services, cost optimization, etc.
- Freight Forwarding experience preferred
- Prior use of CargoWise One a definite plus
- Three years of experience in a role involving extensive client contact required
- Computer skills, including frequent prior use of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent math skills, along with the ability to calculate freight measurements, weight and convert to international units when necessary
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
- Extreme attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
- Ability to be highly productive while keeping cool under pressure
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at [ Link removed ]