A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the SVP of Compliance for North America, the Senior Compliance Officer will be empowered to lead the efforts to build the compliance program with focus on governance, risk assessment, policies and procedures, training, monitoring, investigations, and management. This counsel will lead compliance for EMD Serono’s Oncology franchises in the US and globally.
- Design and implement the compliance program and strategy for EMD Serono ensuring alignment with the US/global compliance programs.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders throughout the company and promote compliance program.
- Design, develop, and advance compliance training programs and processes that align to the expected organizational standards and ensure compliance awareness is maintained.
- Act as a channel of communication to receive and direct global and local compliance information appropriately.
- Identify business strategies and tactics that present compliance risk and provide input into compliance risk assessment and mitigation remediation strategies.
- Support compliance investigations through collection of information and facilitation of interviews between investigations team and business stakeholders and support implementation of corrective action measures.
- Identify promotional practice and related risk areas by assessing the execution of existing compliance programs.
- Communicate with Business Partners on field-level activities to keep abreast of emerging issues at the regional level.
- Identify gaps in sales and marketing team training programs through monitoring activities.
- Stay up to date of changes to laws and regulations with healthcare compliance related to promotional activities.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in a Legal or Compliance function with a multi-national organization with specialization in Pharmaceutical compliance, law and regulations.
- Senior level collaborator with ability to influence and gain buy in at the leadership level.
- Established reputation for excellence in traits such as credibility, integrity, confidentiality, and trust.
- Collaboratively work across department and geographies and encourage teamwork that respects backgrounds and culture diversity.
- Innovative approach, creative thinker.
- Embracing new opportunities that will shape the future.
- Participate in a feedback culture and take responsibility.
- JD or equivalent advanced degree in legal/compliance
- Experience in oncology strongly preferred
- US & global experience strongly preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr Compliance Officer - Oncology
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.