What you will do:
The Auto Club Group is seeking an experienced Claim Representative to work within our homeowner’s department supporting the Florida Territory with processing and decision making within Claim Handling Standards in the field or inside units, resolving coverage questions, taking statements and establishing clear evaluation and resolution plans for homeowner’s claims.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Review assigned claims, contact the insured and other affected parties, set expectations for the remainder of the claim, and initiate documentation in the claim handling system.
- Complete coverage analysis including a review of policy coverages and provisions, and the applicability to the reported loss.
- Ensure all possible policyholder benefits are identified, create additional sub-claims if needed or refer complex claims to management or the appropriate claim handler.
- Complete an investigation of the facts regarding the claim to further and in more detail determine if the claim should be paid, the applicable limits or exclusions and possible recovery potential.
- Conduct thorough reviews of damages and determine the applicability of state law and other factors related to the claim.
- Evaluate the financial value of the loss.
- Approve payments for the appropriate parties accordingly.
- Refer claims to other company units when necessary (e.g., Underwriting, Recovery Units or Claims Special Investigation Unit).
- Thoroughly document and/or code the claim file and complete all claim closure and related activities in the assigned claims management system.
- Utilize strong negotiating and handling overall Homeowner claims skills.
Employees assigned to Homeowner unit will handle claims generally valued between $5,000 and $25,000, investigate claims requiring coverage analysis, review estimates for accuracy, and may monitor contractor repair status and updates.
With our powerful brand and the mentoring we offer, you will find your position as a Claims Representative in our Homeowner Division can lead to a rewarding career at our growing organization.
How you will benefit:
Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursment
- Basice AAA Membership
We’re looking for candidates who:
We’re looking for candidates who:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree in Business Administration, Insurance or a related field or the equivalent in related work experience (preferred)
- Completion of the Insurance Institute of America's: General Insurance Program, Associate in Claims, Associate in Management or equivalent
- Ability to complete ACG Claim Representative Training Program or demonstrate equivalent knowledge or experience
- In states where an Adjuster’s license is required, the candidate must be eligible to acquire a State Adjuster’s license within 90 days of hire and maintain as specified for appropriate states.
- Must have a valid State Driver's License
- CPCU coursework or designation
- I-Car 2000 training
- CCC training
- Xactware Training(Level 3)
- Any additional Certifications such as Flood, Fire, HAAG
One year of experience with:
- Negotiating Homeowner claim settlements
- Securing and evaluating evidence
- Preparing manual and electronic estimates
- Subrogation claims
- Resolving coverage questions
- Taking statements
- Establishing clear evaluation and resolution plans for claims
- Work with Public Adjusters, Attorneys & Contractors
- Write Partial and Full Denial letters
Knowledge and Skills:
- Essential Insurance Act (Michigan)
- Fair Trade Practices Act as it relates to claims
- Subrogation procedures and processes
- Intercompany arbitration
- Knowledge of building construction and repair techniques
- Handle claims to the line Claim Handling Standards
- Follow and apply ACG Claim policies, procedures and guidelines
- Work within assigned ACG Claim systems including basic PC software
- Perform basic claim file review and investigations
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrate customer service skills by building and maintaining relationships with insureds/claimants while exhibiting understanding of their problems and responding to questions and concerns
- Analyze and solve problems while demonstrating sound decision making skills
- Prioritize claim related functions
- Process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources
- Manage time, organize and plan work load and responsibilities
- Safely operate a motor vehicle in order to visit repair facilities, homes (for inspections), patients, etc.
- Research analyze and interpret subrogation laws in various states
- Travel outside of assigned territory which may involve overnight stay
- Relocate, work evenings or weekends
- Strong negotiating skills
What it’s like to work for us:
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what’s right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who we are:
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life’s journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 13 states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.