To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Staff Accountant
Atrium Staffing • New York, NY
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a global leader in multiple industries, including the technology and human resources markets. They are seeking a Junior Staff Accountant to join their accounting and finance team. Soon, the company will be expanding into new markets. Specifically, international markets, as well as markets in the Mid-West and Western areas in the United States. The company has a track record of promoting from within the company, as many of the senior level employees started in entry level positions. The company headquarters are in Midtown Manhattan and they have multiple office locations throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Salary/Hourly Rate: $23-$27 per hour – $50K – $60K
Position Overview: The Junior Staff Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager. You will be working alongside one other Junior Staff Accountant and two Staff Accountants. You will play a key role in maintaining the company’s operating budget. In this role as a Junior Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting in the inter-company development of processes and procedures, maintaining the general ledger, Accounts Payable operations, and small degree of Accounts Receivables processes. You will be working with the Senior Accountant and the Accounting Manager in regard to preparing the necessary journal entries and schedules relative to month end close.
Responsibilities of the Junior Staff Accountant:
- Processing Accounts Payable invoices and payments
- Managing payments with vendors
- Assisting with the analysis and the reporting of all General Ledger entries and schedules
- Balancing sheet reconciliations and account analysis
- Assisting in controls and process improvement implementation for both current and new office locations
- Preparing and posting journal entries during month end close
- Assessing discrepancies in the ledger and adjust accordingly
Qualifications for the Junior Staff Accountant:
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot Tables, V-LOOKUPS)
- Prior Experience with an ERP is preferred
- Previous experience with a large ERP software required (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Dynamics)
- 1-3 year minimum of Accounts Payable or Accounting experience is required
- Able to work independently and assume new responsibilities on an as needed basis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The Junior Staff Accountant is required to have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
Benefits: Eligible for Atrium Care Package