To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Account Representative/ Customer Service
Spectrum Brands • Birmingham, AL
Posted 23 days ago
Account Representative/ Customer Service
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
The Account Representative will provide exceptional ongoing customer service, including general order processing, pricing and quotes, recommending solutions from a broad range of products and providing technical support for all Tell Manufacturing customer bases. This position is fast paced and requires a team focused, energetic individual who can work as part of a cross functional team, facilitating efficient and effective handling of inquiries while delivering a great customer experience for both our internal and external customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (40%) Primary touch point for all Tell Manufacturing clients by telephone, e-mail, or face-to-face to provide information about products, take or enter orders, cancel orders, or obtain details of customer complaints. Develops strong business relationships with both new and existing customers.
- (25%) Submits orders by utilizing price lists and product literature. Provides quotes/estimates for customers based on blueprints and other product related documentation; convey product features and benefits; provides sales terms and deliver schedule; and supports the Sales team to finalize deals.
- (10%) Provides technical support to customers, i.e., how to install door closers, locks, panic devices, and to re-key a lock or remove a cylinder).
- (10%) Assess validity of complaints and determine possible causes. Make every effort to resolve customer issues through problem-solving skills and escalate unresolved complaints to designated department.
- (5%) Research special product orders for outside sales staff and works with the procurement staff to source and price the product
- (5%) Keeps records of customer interactions/transactions; track order in system to ensure timely delivery; and prepare RMAs (Return Material Authorizations)
- (5%) Supports the development of new sales materials, and customer communication where needed.
Education and Experience Profile
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of customer service or sales support experience is required.
- Excellent phone communications and interpersonal skills with multiple functional groups including: Manufacturing, Supply chain, Sales, Finance, and Warehouse personnel as well as external customer contacts.
- Ability to adjust with ease to new conditions and to exhibit the competence to encourage confidence from customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate flexibility/adaptability in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.