To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
840 Grier Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Event Design Manager (Corporate)
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It is the primary responsibility of the Event Design Manager to manage the creative design of events, ensure efficient workflow and vendor production, and design selected events for events managed and operated by MGM Resorts Events. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices, and procedures.
- Manage the event design department from the design through the production process utilizing specialized knowledge of the event, design and print industry.
- Ensure that designs meet corporate and client expectations, are within property budgets and deadlines are met.
- Manage workload, from design to art-to-vendor to delivery.
- Manage staff to include: hiring to encompass the company’s diversity commitment; training; coaching; performance feedback, administering discipline, and scheduling.
- Work with vendors and staff to troubleshoot technical issues and product selection used in the manufacturing process to uphold quality standards and meet delivery dates.
- Manage and monitor brand standards through the design and production process.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Anticipate and solve creative problems and production timeline issues.
- Estimate project materials, expedite ordering, and monitor inventory levels.
- Work closely with property and internal departments to resolve issues and generate creative solutions.
- Fully understand the MGM Resorts International property and ballroom specifications and maintain specs for elevations, reflected ceiling plans, and floor plans.
- Train and educate employees on design techniques and print capabilities.
- Lead brainstorming sessions, planning, design and department meetings.
- Attend event installations and review effectiveness of design elements.
- Communicate project status, timelines and delivery information to clients and internal teams.
- Become well versed on the Event Image site and fluent in MGM Resorts Events inventory.
- Stay current in design trends, new software and technology, production techniques, props/design elements, vendor products.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, architecture or a related field; or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in design in an agency, in-house, freelance, event company or related field.
- Supervisory or lead experience.
- Portfolio of printed samples.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Advanced knowledge of scale/proportion, color space, resolution, vector vs raster art.
- Intermediate knowledge in 3D software and CAD.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Knowledge of inventory or rental databases.
- Previous experience working in a similar setting.