INFICON is a leading provider of innovative instrumentation, critical sensor technologies, and Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0 software solutions that enhance productivity and quality of tools, processes, and complete factories. These analysis, measurement and control products are essential for gas leak detection in air conditioning/refrigeration and automotive manufacturing. They are vital to equipment manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells and industrial vacuum coating applications. Other users of our vacuum-based processes include the life sciences, research, aerospace, packaging, heat treatment, laser cutting and many other industrial processes. We also leverage our expertise in vacuum technology to provide unique, toxic chemical analysis products for emergency response, security, and environmental health and safety.
Work within the Automation & Controls Engineering (ACE) group to develop new automations to improve yield and repeatability of final system test, electronic circuit board test, and existing test-stands. The Staff Automation Engineer works collaboratively with product developments teams to maximize manufacturability of future products and provides expert level knowledge of the design and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment required to build the next generation of INFICON products.
Essential Job Functions
• Lead the design efforts of new automation projects.
• Generate and review engineering documents to include electrical, P&ID, and mechanical drawings.
• Develop equipment designs to automate established test methods.
• Conduct root cause analysis of automated test failures to determine if they are related to test procedure or product defects.
• Participate in safety risk assessments for new and existing equipment.
• Plan and execute acceptance testing and validation of new equipment.
• Coordinate planned maintenance, verifications, and calibrations with operations
Basic Job Skills:
• Ability to generate reports, technical documentation, design reviews, and analyses.
• Ability to program industrial control equipment including Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and Siemens SIMATIC PLCs.
• Familiarity with programming and control of 6-axis and SCARA robots.
• Understanding of Agile framework with an emphasis on SCRUM methodology.
• Industry experience with Lean manufacturing principles.
• Ability to supervise and provide technical direction to more junior engineers and/or technicians.
• Ability to work autonomously while balancing work priorities among multiple stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience -
• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering; Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
• Approximately eight to ten years of industry experience, depending upon the ability of the job candidate to demonstrate the above behaviors
Leadership Responsibilities and Reporting Relationships
The Staff Automation Engineer is responsible for completing task and contributing to projects under the direction of to the Automation & Controls Engineering Manager. The Staff Automation Engineer may be assigned leadership or mentorship responsibilities at the discretion of the Automation & Controls Engineering Manager.
This role requires lifting, carrying, and/or pushing up to 30lbs occasionally (less than 5% of the time).
INFICON provides a dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees experience on going green initiatives, flexible work hours, and a variety of health and wellness programs.
INFICON’s forward thinking approach offers countless opportunities to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product portfolio that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work environment offers a competitive compensation, relocation assistance, a discretionary bonus and generous employee benefits; major medical, dental, health, vision, 401K, vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement and more!
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Automation Engineer to reaffirm this commitment.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Agile Development
- Strategic Planning
- Mechanical aptitude
- Analytic/Problem Solving
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Agile Methodology
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Coaching And Mentoring