At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Strategy & Business Development is responsible for leadership, direction and expertise in the development of business strategy, strategic management disciplines and business analytics that support the company's mission, vision and valuation objectives, in close collaboration with business leaders. Strategy & Business Development is responsible for developing and supporting the realization of strategic plans and management agendas including organic and inorganic growth initiatives.
The Director of Strategy & Business Development Planning, Medical Segment COE will report into the Sr. Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, Medical Segment. They will be responsible for leading disciplined strategic planning, strategy development projects and initiatives, bringing to bear both thought and project leadership to create momentum and enable action.
As part of a visible, highly impactful team, this leader will have demonstrated experience flourishing in rapidly evolving industries and environments and possess exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
By joining the Cardinal Health Medical Segment Strategy & Business Development, you have the opportunity to be a part of a social-forward, career development focused, fast-paced, and creative team!
What Strategic Planning/Execution contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategy is responsible for leadership, direction and expertise in the development of business strategy, strategic
management disciplines and business analytics that support the company's mission vision and valuation
objectives, in close collaboration with business leaders.
Strategic Planning/Execution is responsible for developing and supporting the realization of strategic plans and
* Lead strategic planning activities in close collaboration with supported business leaders and finance leaders
* Drive new strategy development for existing and new business lines / offerings/ growth initiatives
* Perform market and competitive analysis, supporting strategic recommendations with data and focused market insights
* Anticipate and build alignment around the evolution of the industry and competitive landscape
* Lead or assist with the creation of all phases of a business case (e.g., market analysis, value proposition, strategic fit, economic models and launch) to support a new initiative
* Prepare best in class presentation materials in support long-range strategic planning
* Actively manage the M&A and investment pipeline for assigned medical segment businesses
* Lead early risk-based diligence and valuation activities, and shepherd M&A opportunities through the consideration and approval process in partnership with corporate development
* Prepare presentation materials in support of recommendations to proceed with strategic opportunities
* Expand Cardinal Health's network of trusted advisors and information sources with respect to strategy and business development
* Excel in a matrixed management environment; communicate regularly with executive teams
* Strategic Thinking to Execution: evaluating industry trends, developing long-term implications, and recommending pragmatic strategies for new market opportunities
* Strategic Planning Program Management: strong ability to lead cross-functional teams, high attention to details, create processes and systems to deliver complex, multi-modal solutions ensuring consistency of quality delivery, identify critical-path project goals, activities, and constraints
* Analytical Rigor: ability to bring structure to problems and intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations
* Financial Acumen: budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning to maximize shareholder value, understanding of financial modeling working lockstep with financial planning partners
* Communications skills: ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively; proactively build clear, concise, strategic presentations/materials
* Internal/External networking: expand Cardinal Health's network of trusted advisors and information sources with respect to strategy and business development; excel in a matrixed management environment; communicate regularly with executive teams
* 10+ years of experience
* Healthcare, medical device, product development, and/or consulting experience a plus
* Undergraduate degree
* Strategic thinker and strategic communicator
* Financial acumen and modelling capabilities
* Knowledge of the healthcare industry
* Cross-functional and cultural champion
* Excellent strategic communication skills -- verbal and written
What is expected of you and others at this level
* Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff; may also manage front line supervisors
* Manages an organizational budget
* Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
* Assists in the development of functional strategy
* Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
* Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
* Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail
- Business Analysis
- Business Development
- Capital Allocation