Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest 6368326481289. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty 6368326481290, and high-performance 6368326481290. Our products, 6368326481290 and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of 6368326481290, including 6368326481290, 6368326481290, 6368326481290, 6368326481290, 6368326481290, 6368326481290, manufacturing, primary 6368326481290 and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at 6368326481290.
Praxair Distribution, Inc. is seeking a Microbulk Truck Driver (CDL A) to join our team located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Praxair Truck Drivers are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a Microbulk local route delivery vehicle to fill at customer sites.
The Truck Driver role at Praxair Distribution, Inc. is physically demanding (will be responsible for filling at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Praxair Truck Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines. Truck Driver
- The Truck Driver provides a high standard of Customer Service while delivering Bulk Gas and filling at customer sites
- Driving represents approximately 30 % of the Truck Driver’s day, remaining portion of the day is taken up by other activities including; delivery, filling, shipping orders/ paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
- Route Truck Driver responsible for delivery to all types of Industrial, Service, Educational and Medical customers
- Responsible for counting and recording quantities and styles of product delivered and picked up to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions
- Completes Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and PDI standards
- Handheld computers are used for conducting customer transaction paperwork as well as compliance needs such as Hazmat preparation, vehicle inspection reports, load report, trip reports etc. Drivers follow a computer generated Route and Sequence delivery plan.
- Conducts and reports pre-trip and post-trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervision
- Identifies need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable for ensuring the maintenance or repairs are accomplished with a minimum of disruption to the operation
- Operates a variety of equipment and regularly interfaces with both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair's
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions, alcohol related violations or other moving violations in the past 3 years
- A current medical examiner's certificate
- The appropriate license for the type of vehicle to be operated and the applicable endorsements (Hazmat + Tanker), CDL A is required
- High School or G.E.D. is required
- The ability to read and write in English (or French where required by law)
- Must be 21 years or older