How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Executive Director Service Line Nurse Leader Oncology Services is responsible for the successful operation of the cancer clinical program and initiatives that address overall Quality, Safety and Outcomes across WellStar Health System. Executive Director serves as a resource to all levels of nursing staff and leadership for system-wide initiatives including Infusion operations, Oncology Nursing Care Model, Radiation Oncology, Navigation Program, Stat Clinics, Clinical Research, Patient Experience, Magnet accreditation, and professional advancement projects and policies and procedures as it relates to the Oncology practice.
The Executive Director requires clinical experience, self-direction, attention to detail and follow-up, and ability to communicate effectively with team members, patients, physicians, families and the public. In conjunction with physicians and members of the Tumor Specific Committees, is responsible for guidance and coordination of services for oncology patients and their caregivers through the continuum of care. This leader will collaborate with with the Oncology Network and site-level leaders to assure programs are in place to meet operational, clinical and patient experience goals.
This leader serves as the expert developing the support services components within the oncology program including palliative care, social services, nutrition and developing a comprehensive survivorship program. Provides updates to leadership on utilization of services and assists in planning for upcoming needs. Serves as the face of oncology professional practice by partnering with numerous team members. Supports community outreach activities and coordinates annual plan to align with strategic plan. Executive Director will be the lead for Oncology WARP and integrating/ optimizing Beacon, Aria, and Ambulatory EPIC in all oncology sites. Role is responsible for the optimization of Oncology EMR including leading efforts to implement new tools for Navigation, Stat Clinics, and Oncology Support Service documentation.
The Executive Director serves as a key member of the Wellstar Cancer Network leadership team, supporting the Vice President, Wellstar Oncology Network and the Chief Oncology Officer to ensure implementation of the Oncology Network Strategic Plan.
Other responsibilities include achieving quality outcomes and customer / patient satisfaction in a fiscally responsible manner. The Executive Director is able to perform job functions utilizing independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative with ability to interact and direct successful operation within multidisciplinary specialty physician groups across the WellStar Health System.
The Executive Director provides leadership and direction in the development and execution of strategies to manage oncology initiatives that are consistent with our culture, strategic business objectives, and continuous quality improvement. Employs a global perspective of emerging trends, issues, and technology in oncology and possesses understanding of the oncology and Wellstar Cancer Network mission and vision.
Required Minimum Education:
- Must hold either a Master’s Degree in Nursing or Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing schools with a Master’s Degree in related field (Health Administration, MBA etc)
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
- Advance Practice Registered Nurse Preferred.
- National certification in nursing administration or clinical specialty preferred.
- ACLS/BLS preferred.
- OCN preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of seven (7) total years of experience as a Registered Nurse; includes a minimum of five (5) years of progressive operational leadership in an assistant manager or manager role.
- Previous nursing leadership/management position in oncology preferred.
- Five (5) years of oncology experience required, seven (7) years preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Self-directed and able to organize and complete several tasks / projects simultaneously.
- Extensive understanding of oncology patient care.
- Proficient in review, analysis and maintenance of medical records and other patient care information.
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to educate others as a positive change agent.
- Ability to communicate in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong customer service skills, inter and intra departmental coordination of patient care activities, strong detail orientation, compliance with the American Nurses’ Association Code of Ethics for Professional Nurses is required, demonstrates knowledge of and practices within the parameters outlined in Georgia Registered Professional Nurse Practice Act.
Attention To Detail
Intravenous (Iv) Fusions
Nurse Licensure Compact
Registered Nurse Certified