To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Latham, NY 12110
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Credentialing Specialist I
Beacon Health Options • Latham, NY
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a dynamicCredentialing Specialist Ito join our team in Latham, NY! TheCredentialing Specialistis responsible for credentialing and re-credentialing of behavioral health providers and facility organizations (hospitals, mental health centers, etc). The incumbent is also responsible for collecting credentialing documentation and accurately building provider credentialing files according to contractual and NCQA standards using Beacon’s NetworkConnect Credentialing System.
The Credentialing Specialist position requires independent business decisions to be made to complete credentialing files prior to submission to the Credentialing Committee. The incumbent is responsible for functions including but not limited to initial review of practitioner and facility applications, management of re-credentialing files, and obtaining primary source verification for completion of credentialing and re-credentialing files. The Credentialing Specialist also acts as a resource to department team members and external departments in the day-to-day functions of the Credentialing Department.
- Credential and re-credential behavioral health providers and facility organizations (hospitals, mental health centers, etc.) using Beacon’s NetworkConnect credentialing system.
- Perform verbal, written and on-line primary source verification for individual and facility organizations including but not limited to, state licensure, prescribing certificates/registrations, education, training and certification verification, accreditation status and exclusion data-base checks.
- Accurately and timely perform data entry of all primary source verifications and select provider demographic and practice location information into Beacon’s NetworkConnect credentialing system.
- Stay current with knowledge of NCQA credentialing standards.
- Credential and prepare credentialing and re-credentialing files for weekly Medical Director submission and bi-weekly National Credentialing Committee submission.
- Monitor work queue to ensure applications are processed within expected turnaround times.
- Meet or exceed production and quality standards.
- Display a positive, constructive, and helpful demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Relevant Work Experience: 2 years’ experience in insurance, healthcare or related field required.
- 6 months credentialing and/or re-credentialing experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of NCQA credentialing standards and medical terminology.
- Professional demeanor, strong written and oral communication skills, strong computer skills, and the ability to learn Beacon’s internal systems.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, highly organized and possessing problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage varying job pressures, and meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a production environment and meet production and quality goals.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft office programs (Outlook, Word and Excel), and internet searches. Knowledge working with fax machines, copiers and other office machines.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position.
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled