To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Service Engineer II
GRIFOLS USA , LLC • New York, NY
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
The Field Service Engineer II Grifols Diagnostic Solutions Global Service & Training organization with the primary responsibility of providing the highest quality service and support to Grifols customers at the customer facility and by telephone.
- Compliance - Adhere to procedures and protocols outlined by the Grifols GST organization and Grifols Diagnostic Solutions.
- Customer Service – Respond to customer inquiries and complaints, participate in customer site evaluations, upgrades of hardware and/or software, product installations, preventive maintenance, and ongoing service and support for all equipment at the customer facility and via telephone. Documentation of activities within CRM system.
- Escalation of Customer Needs - openly communicate with other groups within Grifols to assure rapid resolution of issues raised by customers.
- Projects - will communicate integrally with Global Service and Training (GS&T) and Account Managers regarding product performance, participation in development teams and process development and improvements
- Personal Development - The FSE will continue personal development to enhance their skills, including but not limited to: Presentation Skills. Communication Skills. Project Management.
Key Performance Indicators / Measures for Success:
- Internal Training and corporate training will be completed on time 98% of the time
- PMs 100% on time
- Documentation of activity within 24 hours of occurrence; SR activities resolved within 3 days of completion of work. SR rework to be completed within 3 days of notification.
Total Service Cost/Instrument
- FSE Time per Service Request (Labor Hours)
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
- Invalid Runs, Invalid Samples, RUF (Reagent utilization Factor)
- Repeat/Return Calls
- Call closure rates – as defined in individual goals & objectives each year.
- Customer satisfaction
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to: May perform other duties as assigned by the Manager or Supervisor. Document translation & verification. Root cause analysis. Assistance with training new employees (TAS/ FSE Hybrid and BMIT/BMET). SOP creation/ modification. Identify and make recommendations for improvements to products, functions, and processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated, superior expertise in supporting and servicing highly complex instrumentation.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and inventory skills required.
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO and other certifying agency policies and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications and familiar with computerized call handling systems.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information effectively.
Mission Critical Competencies:
1. Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
2. Intellectual Horsepower
- Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
4. Functional/Technical Skills
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering, Technical or related Scientific Discipline, Equivalent Military education or Associates Degree with 2 years’ experience or High School Diploma/GED with 4+ years’ experience servicing electronic/electro-mechanical equipment
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in operating diagnostics equipment in a laboratory environment required. Otherwise, please see Education requirements for additional experience required.
- Position will be based in the field with up to 70% travel required.
- Candidate must have ability to travel outside assigned geographic area. As needed, will cover additional geographic regions to facilitate significant service requirement of customer base.
- Work hours are flexible, not conforming to a standard 40 hour work week; Overtime will be required.
- Candidate must be accessible for contact by phone and cover rotations for weekend/holiday on-call.
- Candidates will work from a home office.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as an essential function of the role (lifting of equipment for installation and preventative maintenance.)
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : NY-New York City:USHOME - Home Address