:Transit Mechanics needed at WMATA Fixed.
Transdev is actively seeking ASE certified technicians for their fixed route transit. We are looking for qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections, under general supervision.
Join Transdev at WMATA Fixed and become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and vision) and group life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdevs presence in over 200+ communities across North America
- Bonus paid yearly for all certifications
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance that are compliant with Transdev standards
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work team
- Other duties as required
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy duty transit equipment
- For Mechanic A level: 5+ years experience
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake endorsements (We offer development opportunities for obtaining your license)
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret safety documents, blue prints, schematics and other mechanical diagrams
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a background and drug test
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
If you have any questions, please contact us insert email and phone.About Transdev:
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanic A
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Automotive Service Excellence