Financial Analyst - Suffolk, VA
Direct Hire - $48k - $55k
We are currently seeking an analyst to join the accounting department of a food distribution company in Suffolk, VA. The person in this role will perform maintenance of financial models and reports, support accountants in management of financial reports, assist in the budgeting process, and other work as needed. This is a direct hire role and will provide opportunity for growth within the position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assistance in development of budgets, financial forecasting, and operating plans
- Maintenance of key financial reports, ad hoc data analysis
- Performing journal entries, assistance with balance sheet reconciliation
- Aiding with month end close, verification of general ledger postings
- Completion and distribut8ion of weekly and monthly reports to management
- Maintenance of company vehicle records including but not limited to: vehicle registration, permits, licensure
- Management of cash records including posting, bank reports, and daily reconciliations
- Insurance claims accruals and reconciliations
- Capital projects, including depreciation and amortization
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's in Finance or related field
- 2-3 years of experience
- Intermediate Excel skills - pivot tables, V LOOKUPs, logical functions, data analysis
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Financial Analysts, are you looking to grow your career by applying your expertise to more complex projects with some of the nation's top companies? Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to clients who are looking for Financial Analysts. Our recruiting staff gives you an advantage over your competition by promoting your strengths and assets directly to hiring managers while helping you to be more prepared for your interviews.
From keeping you up to date on market trends and industry expectations, to providing you with valuable insight into the company's culture, compensation expectations and growth opportunities of specific clients, Vaco will give you the edge you need in today's highly competitive job marketplace. If you have a strong background as a Financial Analyst and are looking to move your career forward, let Vaco open the door for you. Apply today!
As a Financial Analyst, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and the ability to display a high level of integrity in dealing with confidential information. You should also have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and enjoy the challenge of working on complex deal structures analysis. In addition, it is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to summarize conclusions and make recommendations clearly and succinctly.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA, preferred
• Minimum 2 years of financial analysis experience
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Microsoft Excel skills in financial analysis and sensitivity analysis
• Proven ability to modify and expand existing customized models to incorporate multiple financing sources
• Ability to simultaneously create and compare multiple financing scenarios and to prepare sensitivity and risk analyses
• Solid understanding of financial statements