H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Summary/Responsibilities of this position:
A Sales Rep will be responsible for stocking and selling products to new and existing retail customers. Order assigned products to maximize sales. Merchandises, fronts, and sells products by performing the following duties. Work under immediate supervision and from detailed verbal and written instructions. Apply and develop basic skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization.
Requires some specific product knowledge depending on the Department.
- Provide good customer service
- Organize, clean, and prepare back area for incoming deliveries
- Keep sales floor uncluttered and free from spills
- Stock and rotate items as needed
- Reset products and maintains shelf conditions ensuring integrity of shelf tags and signage in department
- Check shipments for out-of-date and damaged product to ensure freshness and quality of products
- Ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met
- Maintain standards in shrink, safety, and inventory control
- Assist in merchandising the department to maximize sales
- Use suggestive selling techniques to maximize sales
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION PREFERRED
- Typically requires 0-2 years experience
- Knowledge of department product, food preparation, and equipment used preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of specialty food products and food preparation essential.
- Strong customer service skills
- Passion for food
- Materials handling equipment certification
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
-Ability to work in fast paced environment
-Ability to work in extreme temperatures
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to manage in excess of 25 lbs., up to 50 lbs
- Customer Service
- Materials Management