To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Ramon, CA 94582
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Robert Half International • San Ramon, CA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB REQUISITIONSenior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Robert Half is looking for a Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting to lead a team of accountants through monthly and quarterly close activities and variance analysis. The role reports to the Director – Corporate Accounting and will regularly interact and partner with senior management on matters concerning operations, short to mid-range planning, cross-functional initiatives with upstream/downstream impact and influence decision making with timely and relevant analysis.
Leadership and Coordination
- Hire, train, develop/mentor and motivate employees
- Provide feedback on performance and related coaching/counseling
- Encourage independent decision-making by employees
- Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately
- Practice transparency
- Foster support for the achievement of department goals and objectives
- Evaluate and plan for future staffing requirements
- Manage department workload and allocate tasks by evaluating the teams' abilities
- Influence decision making at the senior management level
- Translate functional strategy into actionable goals
- Implement strategic policies based on factual analysis
- Build cross-functional relationships to foster collaboration and drive solutions which benefit the company as a whole
Continuous Process Improvement
- Relentless focus on improvement in financial processes and tools to facilitate accurate and timely reporting
- Collaborate with IT and other functional groups to automate processes
- Identify gaps in reporting environments and recommends solutions
- Lead the development and improvement of processes for a dynamic and growing business environment
- Knowledge of systems workflows and processes important to help streamline operations & implement metrics and reporting
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement, manage and participate in new system implementations/upgrades, including the development of business requirements and validations and testing of solutions
- Constantly challenge employees to question the historical process and thirst for improvement
The Day to Day
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results by monitoring close activities
- Apply judgment in booking expense accruals to ensure appropriate financial results in compliance with GAAP
- Perform and analyze complex variance analysis for SG&A expenses to present executive level highlights
- Approve month-end/quarter-end journal entries
- Participate in external and internal quarter-end and year-end audits and ensure compliance with SOX
- Analyze and propose judgmental reserve entries and explain variances between quarters
- Actively participate in system implementations and lead automated solutions
- Provide support for SEC reporting by providing insight to results
- Ensure specific accounts are reconciled in a timely manner and the reconciling items properly identified, well documented and timely resolved
- Manage team resources in the delivery of KPI reports
- Perform ad hoc analysis to drive decision making across the organization
- 10+ year of work experience in accounting required (or 5+ years in public accounting)
- 3+ years of experience in managing people
- Solid understanding of GAAP and financial statement risk
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA and public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing a professional accounting team
- Passion for building a world-class corporate accounting team
- Advance Excel skills and experience with financial systems
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and apply critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and flexibility while driving organizational change
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
JOB LOCATIONCA SAN RAMON CORP