To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Antoine Jackson
- Phone: 2059955410
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Support Specialist
TEKsystems, Inc • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
One of our clients in the Birmingham Area is looking to hire an experienced IT Support Technician for a new office they have in the Birmingham Area. The goal of this office will be to double in size over the next year which will amount to great opportunity for the person in the I.T. Department as the client with grown as well as the projection for the I.T. Department. If you have a at least 3 to 5 years experience in I.T. and are looking for a new challenge please read details below.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for providing Technical support for applications and administration and maintenance of the related IT infrastructure. Required to perform software upgrades and updates as required by OEM customers (Utility), and deliver them in a timely manner. Managing Windows based computers and supporting ProjectWise.
Responsibilities on these systems include provisioning, operations, support, and maintenance. This person needs to have 3-5 years current experience preferred.
* Install and configure Windows workstations, updates and upgrades.
* User administration in Windows environment (Active Directory).
* Manage SW license servers (Flexlm and LUM)
* Evaluation of new technologies, documentation.
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
* Managing the backup environment.
* Provide desk-side and remote IT and user support of applications and systems.
* Install /configure and support applications
* Strong technical skills related to Windows operating systems (3-5 years)
* Experience in supporting applications
* Windows VBA scripting
* SCCM knowledge helpful
* Working knowledge of Backup and Restore Systems
* Knowledge of DNS and DHCP environment
* Working knowledge of supporting Network Attached Storage environment(NetApp)
* Good to have- experience in supporting some of applications like Citrix, PLS-CADD, PSS/E, PSS/MUST, ArcGIS and CDEGS
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Need to have experience working in a TEAM environment.
* Ticketing system experience helpful
* Flexible to Travel within the USA
* Able to lift 60lbs
Associate/Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in Information Technology.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.