Position at Residential & Renovation
ITW Residential & Renovation division is seeking a Market Development Specialist to join our sales team. The Market Development Specialist drives customer demand with the end user by leading implementation efforts and representing our product portfolio at customer selling events and product demonstrations. Working close with the Region Key Account Manager, the Market Development Specialist represents the ITW Power Nailing, Structural Fastening, and Mechanical Fastening brands to assigned customers and drives results through the development and implementation of territory and key account plans to support national and regional sales initiatives.
This role may be based remotely in the Northeast region.
(CT, DL, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV)
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Drives demand with end-users through store trainings, demos, and shelf management
- Represents and generates excitement for ITW’s product portfolio at customer selling events
- Ensures success of programs with dealer base
- Leads implementation efforts with new key accounts and critical initiatives
- Achieves and exceeds sales goals through the development and monitoring of an annual sales plan
- Assists in developing on-going/continuous market and competitive analysis (e.g. pricing, promotions, new products, new applications, etc.) of the territory by obtaining intelligence through multiple sources and participation in development of tactical and strategic territory plans
- Analyzes territory customers and sales insights to create demand and pull through of ITW products
- Keeps an active pipeline of new customers and opportunities
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required
- 2+ years of field sales experience
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a clean driving record
- Travel required; local and 60-75% overnight (company lease vehicle provided)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an employee to work in a variety of locations including, but not limited to: home office, job sites, lumberyards, and distributor locations. These environments are not controlled by ITW.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, and regularly required to walk. Must be able to lift 40 lbs., able to walk and stand for long periods of time at customer events, trade shows, and job site locations. Position requires approximately 60% travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.