To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH
- Jen Mabbitt
- Phone: 317-608-0284
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Brooksource • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 2 months ago
100% Remote Inpatient Coder-open to candidates in all locations!
Advanced coding position that requires review of medical record documentation and accurately assigns ICD-10-CM, ICD-10 PCS, CPT IV codes, as well as assignment of the Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Group, (MS-DRG) / All Patient Refined - Diagnosis Related Group, (APR-DRG) based on payor classification and abstracts specific data elements for each case in compliance with federal regulations. This position codes all types of inpatient records and follows the Official Guidelines of Coding and Reporting, the American Health Information Management Association, (AHIMA) Coding Ethics, as well as all American Hospital Association, (AHA) Coding Clinics, CMS directives and bulletins, Fiscal intermediary communications. Utilizes 3M 360 in accordance with established workflow. Follows Mercy policies and procedures and maintains required quality and productivity standards.
Essential Functions:Reviews medical record documentation and accurately assigns appropriate ICD-10 diagnoses and procedure codes, leading to the assignment of the correct Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Group, (MS-DRG) or All Patient Refined Diagnosis Related Group, (APR-DRG.) The Inpatient Coding Specialist is responsible for verification of the patient's discharge disposition and to ensure the appropriate present on admission, (POA) indicators are assigned to each code. The assigned codes must support the reason for the visit that is documented by the provider to support the care provided
- Correctly abstract required data per facility specifications
- Responsible to assist with writing appeals for Diagnosis Related Group, (DRG) denials in order to support the assigned Diagnosis Related Group, (DRG) and to address the clinical documentation utilized in the decision-making process to support the validity of the assigned codes
- Responsible for monitoring and working of accounts that are Discharged Not Final Billed, failed claims, stop bills, and epremis, and as a team, ensure timely, compliant processing of inpatient accounts through the billing system
- Collaborates with Clinical Documentation Specialists, (CDEs,) and members of the medical staff to ensure completeness of documentation in the charts so that appropriate codes, and ultimately the correct Diagnosis Related Group (DRG,) may be assigned
- Responsible to ensure accuracy and maintain established quality, productivity standards, and key performance indicators established for 3M 360 CAC for CRS and Direct Code
- Remain abreast of current Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, (CMS) requirements as well as Correct Coding Initiative, (CCI) edits, Hospital Acquired Conditions, (HAC's) and when applicable, National Coverage Determinations, (NCDs) and Local Coverage Determinations, (LCDs,) including the addition of appropriate modifiers to ensure a clean claim the first-time through
- Maintains competency and accuracy while utilizing tools of the trade, such as the 3M encoder, Computer Assisted Coding, (CAC,) Clinical Documentation Improvement System, (CDIS) and abstracting systems, and all reference materials. Reports inaccuracies found in software applications to HIM Coding Manager/Supervisor, reports any potential unethical and/or fraudulent activity per compliance policy
Qualifications:1 year of acute coding experience required
- Inpatient experience highly preferred
- Vocational/Technical Degree in HIM/Coding required at minimum
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CIC, CCA or CPC required at time of hire. If RHIA, RHIT or CCA upon hire without CPC, CCS, or CIC, one will be required to acquire CIC or CCS within one year of hire
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.