Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as an APRN at Behavioral Health Network!
Behavioral Health Network (BHN) has a history of successful early career employment for bright and hard-working candidates looking for their first APRN position out of training. Our APRNs work independently doing clinical evaluations, diagnostic assessments and medication management. We have readily accessible support and supervision both formally and informally and our mid to late career APRN staff offer peer mentorship and support for junior colleagues. For those interested in teaching and mentorship, we also have provided training opportunities for APRN students attending local programs.
The 2400+ Behavioral Health Network employees make a difference in the many lives we touch each and every day. As an APRN, you will have the opportunity to begin your career in one of our outpatient, day hospital, addictions or short stay residential programs.
Behavioral Health Network (BHN) is a broad-based Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse provider serving over 40,000 individuals living in the four counties of Western Massachusetts. For more than 80 years, BHN has been an innovator in program development and evidence-based care. We have a wide range of clinical services ranging from Early Intervention, Child and Adolescent Outpatient, Acute Residential Treatment and Wraparound Services, Adult Day Treatment and Partial Hospitalization, Respite and Outpatient Treatment, programs for adults with severe and persistent mental illness and a range of addictions programs. BHN has several new programs integrating mental health services with primary care and we work as a partner with local psychiatric hospitals to ensure a smooth transition to outpatient care post-discharge.
As an employer of choice, BHN offers a comprehensive compensation, benefit and professional development package, which is designed to meet the needs of our staff.
- Potential for sign-on bonus
- Three health plan offerings & comprehensive dental coverage
- Generous PTO including 12 days of vacation, three personal days and 7 sick days in your first year
- Training and CEU opportunities
- Four Springfield and Holyoke Clinics are National Health Service Corps eligible
- 403(b) plan for your retirement
Most importantly, you would be joining an organization which is well-respected by our funding sources, the individuals we serve, and our healthcare partners throughout Western Mass.
APRNs at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Commitment to individual empowerment, growth, human rights, and community integration.
- Well-organized with good interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of DDS regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of the development and implementation of health care programs and treatment.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Familiarity with Internet, word processing and email systems.
- Verification of supervision by supervising psychiatrist as required by Massachusetts law.
- PNMHCSs who are licensed to prescribe medication must submit current certification and evidence of authorization from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing, a completed and accepted Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration application, and a Federal DEA Certificate.
- Master's Degree or higher in mental health nursing from an accredited college or university recognized by the National League for Nursing or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Current, valid, and unrestricted license to practice at the highest level of independent practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Mark as appropriate:
_____ Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in psychiatric and mental health nursing with APRN-BC designation in one of the following areas: 1. Clinical Specialist in Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing; 2. Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner; or 3. Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
_____ Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in child and adolescent psychiatric and mental health nursing with APRN-BC designation. Documentation must state: "A Clinical Specialist in Child and Adolescent Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing."
- Valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours.
If you are interested in this opportunity to be an APRN at BHN, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply and click on "Browse All Jobs" to apply!
Medical Surgical Nursing
Licensed Practical Nurse