To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Louisville, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NPT Data Management Supervisor(Atlanta/Louisville)
UPS Louisville Worldport • Louisville, KY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Network Planning Tool (NPT) is a system being developed to assist in managing all UPS Transportation Networks. NPT is an integral part of the Smart Logistics Network Strategy, providing visibility, predictive simulation, and operations research algorithms across transportation networks. These capabilities will enhance our ability to make better and faster decisions, providing cost effective results, and quality service. NPT will integrate our planning processes, accelerate the evaluation of alternatives, make execution more effective, and manage a broad array of base data.
Due to the requirement for high quality, continually updated, and wide-ranging input data, a permanent data management team has been established. The newly added NTP Data Management Supervisor will support the existing manager and supervisor. This team manages all NPT-owned data and corporate reference data pertaining to locations, transit links, committed service, trailers/containers/ULDs, and various business parameters.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists with processes to manage high quality levels of NPT data
- Develops methods of automating the incorporation of external data
- Develops methods of insuring data is properly used across the NPT application
- Performs analysis on data to ensure the ability to support future needs
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with UPS Hub & Feeder and/or Air, SCS, Freight Transportation Networks
- Familiarity with SQL/SQL Stored Procedures
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite products or equivalent software
- Analytical, objective, problem solving mindset
- Light to moderate travel required
- Experience demonstrating general or intermediate knowledge of database design principles, and experience using UPS transportation applications - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Business or technical field - Preferred
- Experience using in-depth techniques to optimize data systems - Preferred
- Experience working with internal customers - Preferred
- UPS Hub, Feeder, and/or Network Planning experience - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity