Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
We’re bringing the magic of Macy’s to the exciting world of foodservice and changing the way our customers experience shopping. From full-service restaurants to fast-casual options we pride ourselves on giving our customers a chance to relax, refuel, and enjoy. The secret ingredient to our success is our team of skilled culinary workers who are passionate about food. We offer great job opportunities in restaurant management, culinary arts, food sales, and in-store Starbucks locations. Every role is different, so you’re sure to find something delicious!
The Barista sells and creates Starbucks coffee beverages following Starbucks standards providing caring hospitality and exceptional customer service through product knowledge.
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations
- Follows company standards and maintains work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Follows Starbucks Simple Service Steps and Magic Selling skills providing an exceptional customer experience
- Educate, sample, and serve customers craveable food and beverage products
- Follows station specific duties and responsibilities
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriate checklist, verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Maintains PAR stock levels and standards in product presentations
- Produce and present freshly prepared products following Starbucks recipes while meeting speed of service standards
- Follows Starbucks merchandising and signing standards
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company, Starbucks, and Health Department standards
- Perform other duties as needed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling and stooping
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Starbucks Barista, Somerset Collection - Full Time here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Starbucks Barista, Somerset Collection - Full Time here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Starbucks Barista, Somerset Collection - Full Time here.